Newbe: Phantom 2 don't work. It's my first drone

I would like to ask you a beginner's question: does the GoPro Gimbal to move right and left from the remote control?

The gimbal does move in flight from left to right when you yaw in either direction as long as the FPV box is unchecked in the gimbal setup of P2 software. As I suggested in an earlier post upgrade the gimbal as it will not brick the gimbal as JeepGuy said happened to his.

Reactions: Giogi
Please can you take a few pictures of the area near video card so we can make a decision as to what happened....Thank you Giogi .

And im not so sure about the go pro cameras movement....my left stick will very slightly move it and the drone will rotate 360 degs.

I'd sure Love to see a picture of yours then..Thanks

Look at the smoke stains in the red circles !....to meeeeeeee it looks like a near fire at them terminals...or they been very very HOT !
Both terminals show lots of usage too !

As a photographer what you have circled look more like shadows from the angle of the camera than from an overheated battery.

View attachment 104589

Here is the photo of the video card. Yes Jason, it was a shadow. Thank you all for your help.
IMG_2493.jpg
IMG_2475.jpg
IMG_2492.jpg

The circled red area has been really hot.....if its BIG Blob hot glue which i think it is....its actually run down the sides of the heat sink...how much money have you got in this drone...the repairs might be way beyond what your doing......A drone has to be very reliable as NOT to fall out of the air and hurt some one badly or worse or damage personally property ...the large red and black wires coming to a point to that blob of glue...are right off the male battery posts " Right Jason " ?
IMG_2492.jpg

.how much money have you got in this drone...the repairs might be way beyond what your doing......?
View attachment 104629
I tried the drone, it works well, only the tx card does not work. The test did not last long because I do not have a good battery.
I bought the card tx and a compatible battery (Spare parts cost 100 euros).
I spent 300 euros (drone, GoPro 3+ black edition, spare parts) and I ran out of money ...

The gimbal does move in flight from left to right when you yaw in either direction as long as the FPV box is unchecked in the gimbal setup of P2 software. As I suggested in an earlier post upgrade the gimbal as it will not brick the gimbal as JeepGuy said happened to his.
I have upgraded my firmware gimbal h3-3d and it not work. It does not work anymore! help!
PS: Now I broke the flex by removing the gopro (I can not find the replacement).
What a bad day ..... everything was fine ....

Last edited:
I have upgraded mi gimbal h3-3d and it not work. It does not work anymore! help!
PS: Now I broke the flex by removing the gopro (I can not find the replacement).
What a bad day ..... everything was fine ....

Go to Amazon and type this in the search bar: DJI Zenmuse H4-3D Part 9 Video Output. I have never broken mine on either of my to gimbals and I've had this unit (P2) since March of 2014. In your case order 2 if Amazon has them in stock simply because parts are hard to find for these older drones.

I would like to see a screenshot of the upgrades page.

You all need to calibrate X1 (tilt wheel) and the sticks in both the controller software and P2 software after you upgraded the gimbal. When you the P2 to it's software the controller has to be on in order to calibrate Xi and the sticks

Last edited:
Hi friends! I thank you for your time and your quick answers.
Yes, the phantom is many years old and it was lot used up until two years ago.
There are many stains of sand and dirt. I cleaned it and they were washed. The stains are gone.
Yes, a battery is swollen and faulty. The other battery is damaged. I bought a new compatible battery and I wait it. The video card is broken and I'm changing it. Near the connector of the video card there is a trace of molten plastic (is it black, fire?).
Now the Phantom flies! :) But soon after he has to land because he has no battery energy.
Where did you find compatible battery ?

You can find replacement batteries on eBay. Type in phantom 2 vision 11.1v 5200mAh battery in the search box. These batteries are aftermarket as you will not find any DJI OEM's. There are 5400mAH batteries as well but they cost more and you only gain a minute or two of flight time.

You can find replacement batteries on eBay. Type in phantom 2 vision 11.1v 5200mAh battery in the search box. These batteries are aftermarket as you will not find any DJI OEM's. There are 5400mAH batteries as well but they cost more and you only gain a minute or two of flight time.
Ok Done!

Girogi...you have several here that sure have tryed to help you with your " very limited money "...i suggest that you ask one or more of the guys that have tryed to get your P2 airborne one again.... If they could fix it for you .... and then send it to them and let them fix it for a low price Or even Free and you pay the shipping ! your dealing with a very delicate piece of electronic flying system..and even if you would have to solder a few parts / new wires ect back in could you possibly do that ? I can work on my P3 OK...but not a older P2 like yours.Thank You.

Girogi...you have several here that sure have tryed to help you with your " very limited money "...i suggest that you ask one or more of the guys that have tryed to get your P2 airborne one again.... If they could fix it for you .... and then send it to them and let them fix it for a low price Or even Free and you pay the shipping ! your dealing with a very delicate piece of electronic flying system..and even if you would have to solder a few parts / new wires ect back in could you possibly do that ? I can work on my P3 OK...but not a older P2 like yours.Thank You.

Repairing A P2 no matter whether it's a vision or non-vision Is not as complicated as you may think, The Only hold back would be in finding replacement parts since they're no longer manufactured.

Reactions: crash1sttime
Thank you

I would like to ask you a beginner's question: does the GoPro Gimbal to move right and left from the remote control?
The H3-3D gimbal doesn't pan left and right,it only rotates up and down. Wasn't ignoring you at all,just haven't been on here for awhile due to some life things.

If the gimbal doesn't pan left or right he needs to into the gimbal setup and uncheck the FPV box which locks it from panning. The only other reason for not panning would be a broken ribbon going to the yaw motor.

I dont think dji basic remote has enough channels to also Pan only tilt maybe upgrade to better radio with more channels? or add separate second remote control/operator for camera operation... but I just pan the whole quad and only tilt with gimbal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20