Newbe: Phantom 2 don't work. It's my first drone

Reaction score
Hi. I like Phantom drone very much, but I've never had it ... so, as I wrote in my presentation, I own recently a old Phantom 2 (I have little money..) and I would like to make it fly again. After cleaning the drone, I photographed the components and turned on the drone (without propellers). I tried video transmission but it does not work. Tomorrow I'll try the engines with the light of the day. I prefer not to fly at night. Can you help me? Thank you.
I attach the photos

Attachments

• IMG_2465.JPG
    IMG_2465.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 429
  • IMG_2467.JPG
    IMG_2467.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 460
  • IMG_2470.JPG
    IMG_2470.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 455
  • IMG_2471.JPG
    IMG_2471.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 465
  • IMG_2475.JPG
    IMG_2475.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 425
  • IMG_2476.JPG
    IMG_2476.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 461
  • IMG_2477.JPG
    IMG_2477.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 463
  • IMG_2479.JPG
    IMG_2479.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 475
Good morning to my forum friends. I turned on the Phantom. Calibration done. Flashing green LED back lights. Battery with all the green lights. Button on the battery is red. I tried to start the engines but don't switch on. When I connect the remote control stick for turn on the engines, the Phantom rear lights lap red and then come back green. Unfortunately it does not work. Can we fix it?

I noticed that you had a cell phone next to the P2 with camera's blue LED indicating that you may be using the phone to monitor what the camera sees. If that is in fact what you are doing it is a bad idea as both the controller and phone use the same frequency of 2.4GHz. In order to view what the camera is recording you will need a monitor/receiver if you do not have one.

In your photos, you had unscrewed the GPS module from the top of the shell but when reassembled did you plug the GPS molex into the main board? If not the P2 will not startup. There are two spring-loaded pins under the battery terminals and if either one or both do not make contact with the copper pads on the battery the P2 will not start.

Since this P2 is a used unit you should also calibrate the advanced IMU before you try to fly this unit. You will find the advanced IMU in the P2's software under the tools tab. By not doing so you can lose complete control of the unit. If crash the P2 the advanced IMU should be done again before flying again.

Reactions: Giogi
Thanks for the quick response. I had the active gopro remote control (wifi on) when I tried to fly, so I will try to turn it off. For the FPV I have a 7 "monitor but, maybe, the tx card does not transmit.

Attachments

• IMG-2480.JPG
    IMG-2480.JPG
    865.7 KB · Views: 368
  • IMG-2481.JPG
    IMG-2481.JPG
    669.6 KB · Views: 336
If I may ask you .. what software should I use with the Phantom 2? Thank's

I noticed that you had a cell phone next to the P2 with camera's blue LED indicating that you may be using the phone to monitor what the camera sees. If that is in fact what you are doing it is a bad idea as both the controller and phone use the same frequency of 2.4GHz. In order to view what the camera is recording you will need a monitor/receiver if you do not have one.

In your photos, you had unscrewed the GPS module from the top of the shell but when reassembled did you plug the GPS molex into the main board? If not the P2 will not startup. There are two spring-loaded pins under the battery terminals and if either one or both do not make contact with the copper pads on the battery the P2 will not start.

Since this P2 is a used unit you should also calibrate the advanced IMU before you try to fly this unit. You will find the advanced IMU in the P2's software under the tools tab. By not doing so you can lose complete control of the unit. If crash the P2 the advanced IMU should be done again before flying again.
GoPro Wi-Fi off, flashing green rear lights. When I move the radio control in CSC, Phantom flashes red (one time) and then continues flashing green. The engines do not work.

GoPro Wi-Fi off, flashing green rear lights. When I move the radio control in CSC, Phantom flashes red (one time) and then continues flashing green. The engines do not work.

If either GSP is incorrectly plugged in or not plugged into the motherboard the motors will not startup. The same goes for the spring loaded battery information pins. If one or both pins do not make contact with the two copper pads on the battery pack the motors will not startup. Check the battery terminal in the P2's compartment that it's not broken.

Have you read the P2's manual?

Thank's Jason. You are very kind and professional. Battery terminal ok. GPS correctly plugged. I installed the assistant and found that the firmware is 3.04.
Cattura.PNG

The only I would update the gimbal and leave the main controller as is. I stopped updating firmware at V3.08 for the controller. Will not go into details as to why I didn't upgrade the controller.
Upgrade Page_03.jpg

If either GSP is incorrectly plugged in or not plugged into the motherboard the motors will not startup. The same goes for the spring loaded battery information pins. If one or both pins do not make contact with the two copper pads on the battery pack the motors will not startup. Check the battery terminal in the P2's compartment that it's not broken.

Have you read the P2's manual?
Hi Jason, you're GREAT!

I have checked the battery and.... this is the problem. With another battery (bad) the engine power on and the drone is flighted. Now I must calibrate the command and replace the video tx .. and the battery

Giogi In your number 2 picture.....looks like that male side of the battery terminals inside the drones been very very hot...the plastic looks like its been HOT around the two copper terminals !....hasn't any body else noticed that too ?

We all HOPE you get that drone fired UP and In the air.

Giogi In your number 2 picture.....looks like that male side of the battery terminals inside the drones been very very hot...the plastic looks like its been HOT around the two copper terminals !....hasn't any body else noticed that too ?

We all HOPE you get that drone fired UP and In the air.

There is nothing wrong with the battery terminal on Giogi's P2 that just the what the component looks when comes out of the plastic molding die. I have a loose battery terminal in my cabinet and it looks the same way.

You should read his last post.

I'd sure Love to see a picture of yours then..Thanks

Look at the smoke stains in the red circles !....to meeeeeeee it looks like a near fire at them terminals...or they been very very HOT !
Both terminals show lots of usage too !
Smoke stains.jpg

Not to hijack the thread,but if it were me I would not update the Tx or the H3-3D gimbal. Other posts I've come across saying there was problems after updating their Tx. And I myself updated my H3-3D gimbal and the update bricked it. Hope my response isn't too late.

I'd sure Love to see a picture of yours then..Thanks

Look at the smoke stains in the red circles !....to meeeeeeee it looks like a near fire at them terminals...or they been very very HOT !
Both terminals show lots of usage too !
View attachment 104589
Hi friends! I thank you for your time and your quick answers.
Yes, the phantom is many years old and it was lot used up until two years ago.
There are many stains of sand and dirt. I cleaned it and they were washed. The stains are gone.
Yes, a battery is swollen and faulty. The other battery is damaged. I bought a new compatible battery and I wait it. The video card is broken and I'm changing it. Near the connector of the video card there is a trace of molten plastic (is it black, fire?).
Now the Phantom flies! :) But soon after he has to land because he has no battery energy.

Not to hijack the thread,but if it were me I would not update the Tx or the H3-3D gimbal. Other posts I've come across saying there was problems after updating their Tx. And I myself updated my H3-3D gimbal and the update bricked it. Hope my response isn't too late.
Thank you. I did not update anything because the problem was the battery. I think that ... "if it works, I will not fix it ..." :)

Reactions: thaixeon76
I would like to ask you a beginner's question: does the GoPro Gimbal to move right and left from the remote control?

Reactions: thaixeon76

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers