New

Reaction score
Today I tried my newly acquired prop guards on my P4P. The first thing I discovered that the obstacle avoidance system picks up the guards and will not allow me to fly forward or backward because it thinks it is going to collide. Simple cure, turn off obstacle avoidance. Not ideal but at least I can fly. Second thing I noticed is that (especially in a mild breeze) the AC appears very unstable, wiggling back and forth and not responding to the stick quickly. I tried immediately without the guards in the same breeze and found everything stable again.

Yeh any prop guards tend to catch the breeze, in the future with some new rules coming I'm sure we will all need to fit them,,they sure need to streamlined or redesigned so they not catch the wind,personally I hate them,they dont really prevent any sort of safety but might stop some scuffing of props in minor crash,,front obstacle avoidance plays game flying direct into sun aswell ,it cant see so might get funny prompt in flight like ""aircraft backing up"",,might need some sunglasses on lol,,yip most turn OA off,handy around trees and house etc but useless in the air........ps....if your drone bit slow to react to stick input,,in remote settings in app it's got stick calibration, pays to do now and again to make sure stick inputs work at 100%,,in this calibration it has gimble wheel below, this must be done aswell for it to save your calibration

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I tried my newly acquired prop guards on my P4P. The first thing I discovered that the obstacle avoidance system picks up the guards and will not allow me to fly forward or backward because it thinks it is going to collide. Simple cure, turn off obstacle avoidance. Not ideal but at least I can fly. Second thing I noticed is that (especially in a mild breeze) the AC appears very unstable, wiggling back and forth and not responding to the stick quickly. I tried immediately without the guards in the same breeze and found everything stable again.
Prop guards are more trouble than they are worth in most flying situations.
Did you have them on for a particular purpose?

Prop guards are more trouble than they are worth in most flying situations.
Did you have them on for a particular purpose?
Testing them for when we can fly over people. I have two different configurations and was getting familiar with the operation.

Reactions: Meta4
Think most if us have a set hiding somewhere in the closet. Seemed a necessity when starting out. Didn't stay on for long.
Will use again when required by law. Till then ...... let them proppys breathe. ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20