New version of .DAT converter

Does someone know what
velN(M/S) velE(M/S) velD(M/S) stands for?
Was checking out this dat, and for some reason VeIN just stops at 2/3rd of the flight .
What a weird flight/crash
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think it is velocity North velocity East and velocity Down....

Does someone know what
Was checking out this dat, and for some reason VeIN just stops at 2/3rd of the flight .

Is your workflow of going from .dat file to Dashware documented anywhere or is it every man for themselves?

Does someone know what
It's velocity North meters/sec. When I watched your dashware video the Velocity N value never changed from 0.0. I went back to the original FLY198.DAT just to check. The Velocity N had values up until the P3 landed or whatever it did

Cool video BTW. Very nice with the inlaid video. Especially liked the part where it got caught up in the prop wash of the windmill.

Thanks will check.
I still don't understand why 1st sudden surge to 30 amps. The P3 is over 300 meters away from the closest wind mill at that point.

@Luap, check the negative value in the front right motor load data which just before the 10,0000 command on same motor. This anomaly is only at that time which kind of makes me think Bud has those two mapped correctly....

Now that you said that, it reminds me that I just recently discovered that the R/C stick columns are mislabeled. I do need check if it is isolated to just the one operating system or not.

Now that you said that, it reminds me that I just recently discovered that the R/C stick columns are mislabeled. I do need check if it is isolated to just the one operating system or not.
I'm not sure I understand. Are you talking about the .csv produced by DatConverter?

@Luap, check the negative value in the front right motor load data which just before the 10,0000 command on same motor. This anomaly is only at that time which kind of makes me think Bud has those two mapped correctly....
Did testing on motor load Data to check mapping. Look at the Load (not RPM) graphs with green lines and green labels to the right (Load Right Back, Load Right front etc). I labeled them as Bud has them in the CSV.
Then I moved the graphs around to match the motors I'm pinching.
So column names in csv should be renamed as follows:
Load Right Back rename to Load Left Front
Load Right Front rename to Load Left Back
Load Left Back rename to Load Right Front
Load Left Front rename to Load Right Back
Going back to this thread it shows again that a prop flew off or possibly an ESC issue. What data could determin an ESC failure?
Bummed. New P3A Crashed. Pls Advise | Page 20 | DJI Phantom Forum

Did testing on motor load Data to check mapping. Look at the Load (not RPM) graphs with green lines and green labels to the right (Load Right Back, Load Right front etc). I labeled them as Bud has them in the CSV.
Going back to this thread it shows again that a prop flew off or possibly an ESC issue. What data could determin an ESC failure?
Can you DropBox the .DAT used to make this video. Or upload it to flylog.info and lemme know the file name so I can retrieve it. Thanks.

You're absolutely right. Thank you, thank you. Thinking back on my test procedure I think I know what I did wrong. But, I'm not even going re-test because I'm convinced your test is conclusive.
I really appreciate you taking the time to do an independent test. This bug, gone undiscovered, is particularly nasty. It makes it look like the tool works but the tool isn't useful because investigations using it don't yield any insights.

Would it be possible to create a velocity field that indicates velocity in m/s along the flight path?
As there is velocity North, velocity East and velocity Down square and add the velocities in the three direction and then take a square root?

By Flight Mode do you mean ATTI vs GPS? I've looked some and have found the field that reflects the value of the mode switch on the RC; i.e. F,A,P. Still looking for the real mode value; the one that changes value when the P3 decides it needs to change to ATTI mode. Don't know if Ill have time before the next release but it's on my to-do list.

Guys, just wondering if you have ever tried asking DJI for a code map? It doesn't seem like the log files would be something they would consider proprietary. Maybe they could save you a lot of work?

I asked them about 3 or 4 months ago and was told they would not publish that info.

Okay.
It just seems a bit ridiculous that a flight log has to be reverse engineered as if the ancient Egyptians wrote the code. Having human readable flight logs of all available telemetry would be a benefit to the user base as well as DJI. I can see them not spending any resources developing any "fancy" graphic representations, but the data itself...sheesh.

By Flight Mode do you mean ATTI vs GPS? I've looked some and have found the field that reflects the value of the mode switch on the RC; i.e. F,A,P. Still looking for the real mode value; the one that changes value when the P3 decides it needs to change to ATTI mode. Don't know if Ill have time before the next release but it's on my to-do list.
BudWalker, In the comprehensive CSVs from the app, these are some of the flight modes I found (2 columns).

OSD.flycState.raw OSD.flycState
1 Atti
6 GPS_Atti
10 AssistedTakeoff
12 AutoLanding

There are certainly more such as FailSafe and GoHome.

Okay.
It just seems a bit ridiculous that a flight log has to be reverse engineered as if the ancient Egyptians wrote the code. Having human readable flight logs of all available telemetry would be a benefit to the user base as well as DJI. I can see them not spending any resources developing any "fancy" graphic representations, but the data itself...sheesh.
There is no benefit to DJI to make these readable. Much easier to blame the pilot when only DJI can see what happened.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31