New user - Frustrating WiFi issues

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently bought a used (but sold as fully working) P2V from Ebay UK, but have been struggling to consistently connect my phone to the range extender's wifi.

Occasionally it all just works, but most of the time one of the following happens:

1) My phone can't see the extender's wifi SSID, so can't connect (edit - have tried different phones too - same results)
2) The extender's wifi is visible, but my phone still won't connect to it
3) My phone can see and connect to the extender's wifi, but when using the Vision app I get "connection to phantom failed"

I've tried rebinding the extender and camera (no change).

I even took delivery of another extender today (not new but assured it's fully working). Went through the procedure of binding that one to the camera. Exact same results.

What's strange is when I reset either extender, I can then see its SSID every time I power it on (and connect to it successfully). But as soon as I bind it to the camera, the above problems return.

Barring some kind of miracle tonight, I'm planning to email the seller tomorrow and insist that I return the whole thing for a refund. But I'd like to be able to say I've tried tried all options first. So, two questions I'd be really grateful if anyone can advise on:

1) Should I be able to see the camera's wifi SSID once the phantom is powered on? (I know you don't actually connect to the camera's SSID, but in the instructions it says to ignore this SSID. I can't even see it though!)

2) Does this sound like a fault with the P2V's camera as far as you can tell?

Really appreciate any advice you guys can give.

thanks
Danny

It sounds more like a faulty wifi module on the bird. The extender just extends the bird's signal, it doesn't create its own network. I'm guessing that the extender is having a hard time finding the bird's network. Try taking the extender out of the equation (ie, keeping it turned off) and just connecting to the bird's network. You can also try a wifi analyzer app which will show all SSIDs (hidden or not) to see if the wifi network even exists. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply. Something is definitely not quite right with the wifi side of things so I'm returning it to the seller. Managed to find another one on eBay for the same price which should arrive next week, so hoping for better luck with that one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav