New Update Litchivue mirror app to ios = fail

Reaction score
Is this the new possible killer for hdmi modules? After one test via hotspot to ipad, this new app lagged. My LTE signal is 2/5 bars, but the latency of the live view caused the image to stop, and it was also similar when I used the home wifi. If someone else gets new results, please post with updates. Litchi's effort is promising though, so hopefully it works soon. The free trial only gives the user 20 minutes, and it cost $5 to buy this feature within litchi.

Here's a video with no sound:

Attachments

• IMG_1367.PNG
    IMG_1367.PNG
    668.6 KB · Views: 592
  • IMG_1368.PNG
    IMG_1368.PNG
    167.3 KB · Views: 514
Last edited:
Interference maybe, there's a lot of stuff goin on in that room, did you try outdoors yet in remote location ??

Interference maybe, there's a lot of stuff goin on in that room, did you try outdoors yet in remote location ??
Not yet, but I was hoping that someone else can post their results here since I am currently doing something.

The second device connects to the primary phone (which is in Hotspot mode) via wifi. LTE is only used when accessing the internet.
Therefore, it seems to me that the LTE strength is irrelevant to this test.
Someone correct me if I am wrong.

I tried to connect second device with Vue on hotspot as well on home wifi. It's connecting in both. My results:

1. Time to time second screen shows garbage and takes time to recover but shows bad picture again after some time.

2. I moved the aircraft and didn't notice delay between first and second screen.

I had one device as iPhone 6 Plus and other as iPad mini 2. I swapped the devices but got the same result.

So far not very happy with transmission quality.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

If this actually works legit, then the hdmi module is as good as gone. Litchi already offers an in app fpv option with headtracking, and with this in the works, it seems like it can work as a second screen with no wires while the main phone fpvs.

DJI Screen Share (app store) is a similar app. An alternative that works also with all apps (DJI Go, Litchi, and others)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

If this actually works legit, then the hdmi module is as good as gone. Litchi already offers an in app fpv option with headtracking, and with this in the works, it seems like it can work as a second screen with no wires while the main phone fpvs.
I would jump to that conclusion. Rebroadcasting the video should incur latency, which is undesirable for flight purposes. Litchi isn't suggesting this be an FPV solution, it just says others can have their own screen to see what you're seeing. It doesn't say "real time".

In my case, this Vue app on iPad mini2 simply doesn't see any available streams when connected to the access point I have on my iPad Air2 while running the latest Litchi flight app. I think Litchi has some work to do.

Reactions: PunaPhantom

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl