New to the forums, new to the drone realm

Reaction score
Thought I would say hi. Ive read a LOT since I joined here. Learned a lot as well. I've been flying everything except drones for better than 20 years, and in the RC world for about 35. I do a lot of traveling and wanted a different perspective of the world.. so aerial videos were the way to go!! Still learning the new controller.. would be so much nicer if I could easily use my Dx8.

Four real flights under my belt, and a long way to go to actually feel confident. Range seems to be at least close to advertised, and video quality is great. Wish I would have saved a few pennies for the Inspire, but still loving the P3P!

Ive done most of my flying at one of the local lakes, but it seems several birds have been lost to erratic flight... perhaps a large body of water isnt the best place to hope for success!
DJI_0005.JPG
DJI_0006.JPG

Reactions: bobmyers
Welcome Steve,

I considered the Inspire also, and decided on the P3P since to camera sensor is basically the same. Also, since I do a lot of my flying over water, the potential financial hit is a third of the Inspire if it does go down.
The P3 is also smaller and less noticeable and due to the fact that it somewhat "looks like a toy" it generally raises little interest from bystanders.

Good luck!

I dont generally care what other people think. But I see what youre saying. I never actually compared the camera spec to each other. Might have been a good thing. Im typically the type to buy the best of everything. Could have been a lot more expensive route.

I really wanted to get myself an Inspire for Christmas until I realized the Inspire to too big for carryon luggage. I really hate checking bags, so I finally jumped back in with the P3 (sold my p2v+ last fall) and absolutely loving it. First cross country trip next week.

On paper at least, the camera for the Inspire and the camera for the P3 are identical.

Thought I would say hi. Ive read a LOT since I joined here. Learned a lot as well. I've been flying everything except drones for better than 20 years, and in the RC world for about 35. I do a lot of traveling and wanted a different perspective of the world.. so aerial videos were the way to go!! Still learning the new controller.. would be so much nicer if I could easily use my Dx8.

Four real flights under my belt, and a long way to go to actually feel confident. Range seems to be at least close to advertised, and video quality is great. Wish I would have saved a few pennies for the Inspire, but still loving the P3P!

Ive done most of my flying at one of the local lakes, but it seems several birds have been lost to erratic flight... perhaps a large body of water isnt the best place to hope for success!
View attachment 21931
View attachment 21933
Nice pics!!! Look like a real pro already WELCOME!!:):)

Reactions: Steve Moore

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic