New to me, new to you

Reaction score
Hi, my name is James and I am located in Durham, NC.
I am a new owner of a Phantom 3 Standard. I would appreciate any advice the forum would be willing to share.
I purchased this never flown drone 1.5 weeks ago. The plastic is still covering the props.
I went to update firmware and whatnot. The last iPhone that is supported is a 7 or 7 plus and I own an 8. I did not realize this would be an issue (noob).
I haven’t been able to update software or get the DJI app to recognize the drone. What are my options?
Before I started trying to update I did get the motors to start without props but now the RC and the drone are not communicating but I do have control of the gimbal?
DJI support was not much help.
Any advice would be graciously accepted.
Thank you again,
James

Welcome to PhantomPilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Do what Dirk says, he knows.
My advice, DO NOT CRASH, EVER. Nothing good ever comes of it. Practice, practice, practice in a very large open field, as TREES EAT DRONES!
Lastly, if you are heading for trouble, just LET GO of the control sticks and the drone will just stop and hover until you figure out what to do. Happy flying!

Welcome to PhantomPilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)
This looks like a start. I have been on the DJI page but from a phone. I will give it a shot tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for the input!
Do what Dirk says, he knows.
My advice, DO NOT CRASH, EVER. Nothing good ever comes of it. Practice, practice, practice in a very large open field, as TREES EAT DRONES!
Lastly, if you are heading for trouble, just LET GO of the control sticks and the drone will just stop and hover until you figure out what to do. Happy flying!
Thanks for the advice.
I fly a little $40 stunt drone as practice and have a gopro karma. Flying the little drone has been great training because it doesn’t have a camera and I have really had to learn to fly by sight.
I will try to stay out of the trees!!
Thanks

welcome,, I am new myself and still learning a lot. Most will say and I agree read the directions, a couple of times and practice. watch youtube videos on control settings, camera setting and such, I found the instructions kind of lacking on that part. I have found that not trying to over control the drone to be of big help, as the early post said if you get into trouble let go of the control sticks and it will come to a stop,. I hate to say but I still fly in beginner a lot of times, it keeps it close and out of trouble.

I own a phantom 3 pro and my 8 plus connects easily...
I got mine and i did a update and then my drone didnt turn on and said ESC error
It took me a month me month to fix and i finally found some kind of update the wasnt made by DJI and then it worked

Hi, my name is James and I am located in Durham, NC.
I am a new owner of a Phantom 3 Standard. I would appreciate any advice the forum would be willing to share.
I purchased this never flown drone 1.5 weeks ago. The plastic is still covering the props.
I went to update firmware and whatnot. The last iPhone that is supported is a 7 or 7 plus and I own an 8. I did not realize this would be an issue (noob).
I haven’t been able to update software or get the DJI app to recognize the drone. What are my options?
Before I started trying to update I did get the motors to start without props but now the RC and the drone are not communicating but I do have control of the gimbal?
DJI support was not much help.
Any advice would be graciously accepted.
Thank you again,
James
hi james total noob myself but the route i took was to grab a cheap tablet £40 and use this instead of phone i have a blackberry phone and i just knew it would cause a issue so bypassed it all together tablet goes in box with drone and hey presto leaves ya phone to use in case of emergency and my advice on updates is to scour you tube theres some really helpfull stuff on there

I own a phantom 3 pro and my 8 plus connects easily...
I got mine and i did a update and then my drone didnt turn on and said ESC error
It took me a month me month to fix and i finally found some kind of update the wasnt made by DJI and then it worked
Where did you find the mystery fix? I am out of town and won’t be messing with this thing again until next week. Thanks

hi james total noob myself but the route i took was to grab a cheap tablet £40 and use this instead of phone i have a blackberry phone and i just knew it would cause a issue so bypassed it all together tablet goes in box with drone and hey presto leaves ya phone to use in case of emergency and my advice on updates is to scour you tube theres some really helpfull stuff on there
I have considered this too.

I have considered this too.
i use a little 7inch huawei t3 and seems to be spot on, connects easy its big enough without being too cumbersome granted theres more expensive out there but if it works it works

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues