New to DJI phantom question

Reaction score
Hey guys:: Took my phantom 1.1.1 out for a test run tonite at our local park worked very well had the limits set to quite close and a respectable height until i get use to it, i have 2 batteries the one that came with it and a watson that was extra when i purchased it. My question is after flying for a bit, the LED light on body of the phantom the one that flashes, starting flashing all red lights, i thought is was low voltage and according to an app i have about the LED lights on the phantom it means low voltage, did not hear any low voltage beeps on the transmitter or when i got the drone close to me did not hear any low voltage beeps, are there suppose to be sounds emitting when the battery in the drone gets down? When i hooked up the drone to my computer and ran the Naza assistant software, it was showing around 11.02 volts on the battery the voltage limits were as they were set from the factory.

Also the left stick on my transmitter if you pull it all the way down it locks in the down positon until you flick it up again, it will spring back as long as you dont go all they way down with it so it locks. Is it suppose to do this? Just curious as this is the first time owning a DJI phantom.

The flashing red light indicates low battery, or low voltage on the phantom. That is correct.
The controller does not warn you of a low battery on the phantom. There is no audible warning for low battery on the phantom. You can purchase an aftermarket alarm. I've seen some on amazon.

The controller does have a low battery audible warning, for the controller batteries.
The conversation between the P1 or FC40 and the controller is One-Way. Controller talks, phantom listens. There is no way for the controller to know the phantom has a low battery.

My FC40 controller does not lock the throttle down. I believe some of the newer ones do have that feature. I hope it doesn't shut the motors off while you're flying.

Pretty fun to fly, isn't it? :D Smart move putting close in limits on the bird. ;)

My Phantom 1's will start to beep when batteries are very very low on power,long after they would have auto landed or fallen from the sky though.

Droid if you're also using the Watson rechargeable AA batteries that come from B&H as a bonus item, be sure to keep them charged. They do not have the same full charge voltage as Duracell or Coppertop and don't provide very many flights before needing to be recharged.

Woody. Thanks i did not know that i will keep them charged. I figured why the left stick when pulled down all the way clicks and stays it allows the user to when landed by the user to shut the motors off.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic