New Tethered System for DJI Drones - Lifeline

Reaction score
We recently developed a new Tethered system for DJI Drones... LIFELINE Tethered UAV for DJI Drones . Singapore is a place full of no-fly zones.. many places are within 5km of an airport, considering that we are such a small country. The system works well if you need persistence power for live-broadcasting and first responders. We try to make it as affordable as we can for pilots who need to tether your DJI drones for important missions. Do check us out and we are here to help!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks. I had wondered about a system like this for a while. I always was concerned about the wire somehow getting in the way/props. I suppose that is not a concern. Nice system.

However, technically, how does this get around the no fly zones? Not trying to be argumentative, but more just curious. Is it no longer considered a drone, or is it simply height limited by the wire length or some such? I assume flying over people is still not allowed.:worried:

Thanks. I had wondered about a system like this for a while. I always was concerned about the wire somehow getting in the way/props. I suppose that is not a concern. Nice system.

However, technically, how does this get around the no fly zones? Not trying to be argumentative, but more just curious. Is it no longer considered a drone, or is it simply height limited by the wire length or some such? I assume flying over people is still not allowed.:worried:

In the USA it does NOT get around the Flight Restrictions set forth by the FAA. Tethered sUAS are still sUAS and if used outside they are governed by the same rules & regulations of other sUAS. One thing you do need to take into account is that the weight of the TETHER has to be calculated into the aircraft total weight. So if your aircraft + tether add up to more than 55lbs you are not longer compliant with 14 CFR Part 107

hi... thanks for your question. For Singapore, no-fly zones like within 5km of Airports require tethered drones if you need to get an aerial shot. There is an emergency lever where when pulled, the power will shut down and the drone must come down. Its a precaution that the drones do not "fly away" and hit other flying objects.

Flying over people is still not allowed whether is tethered or not.

Yes with a tether, there will also be a height limit in this sense.

In the USA it does NOT get around the Flight Restrictions set forth by the FAA. Tethered sUAS are still sUAS and if used outside they are governed by the same rules & regulations of other sUAS. One thing you do need to take into account is that the weight of the TETHER has to be calculated into the aircraft total weight. So if your aircraft + tether add up to more than 55lbs you are not longer compliant with 14 CFR Part 107

Great info... thanks!

Very interesting idea. I also was blown away by the price. It probably is a system that delivers higher voltage to the drone to mitigate the "I squared R" loss in the rather small teather line.
The unit that plugged into the P4 was a stepdown system to bring the voltage back to the value the it was designed to operate on. All in all not too complicated and I can't imaging there won't be some enterprising people out there that will come up with a much lower priced version.

Very interesting idea. I also was blown away by the price. It probably is a system that delivers higher voltage to the drone to mitigate the "I squared R" loss in the rather small teather line.
The unit that plugged into the P4 was a stepdown system to bring the voltage back to the value the it was designed to operate on. All in all not too complicated and I can't imaging there won't be some enterprising people out there that will come up with a much lower priced version.

Yeah, mentioned some of that elsewhere. This is not a new idea and has been bantered around here for about 5 years let alone elsewhere.

It simply is not something the market wants or it would have been widely commercialized by now.

We are always looking to bring the price down so that more people can enjoy the benefits of a tethered system for their DJI Drones... currently i think its the most cost efficient system in the market. The good thing is that we have Air Modules currently for the Inspire and Mavic Models

Reactions: BigAl07
I was not trying to say it was overpriced. I do think, for this market, the price will need to come down before it becomes something that makes sense for other than a very small group of flyers.

I was not trying to say it was overpriced. I do think, for this market, the price will need to come down before it becomes something that makes sense for other than a very small group of flyers.

We agree with you that for now..: it’s accessible to only a small group of flyers. We hope to make it more cost efficient for more pilots in the future. Cheers.

Reactions: BigAl07
Is there a backup battery inside of drone?

The whole point of using a tether system is to reduce the chances of a flyaway in the event that the craft loses connection. hence the design intent was not to have a backup battery within the drone.

That being said, we have added an additional plug on the outside of the module to allow users to add on an optional backup battery in areas where flyaways are not a concern.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31