New Standard 1000M Range(Easily)

I did 1.75Km last weekend in a area that got no interference... Around city and wifi dense, no way to get that far... Verry happy with the P3S

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: dirkclod
Wow Great area to test the stock P3S in! Looks like no interference anywhere and beautiful country!

Last edited:
With no upgrades or modifications, I was able to get about 2000ft. I was right in the middle of a small city. When I was on the outskirts of a small town, I was only getting 300ft but that was probably due to alot of towers nearby me. I'm waiting for the rainy days to stop so I can go out in the middle of nowhere and try to get the full 3000ft that it's suppose to be capable of.

Hi guys,
New flyer here from Australia and have just got myself a P3S. But have a couple of questions regarding range on this thing if anyone can help?

Took it out flying in a local park over the weekend and did some height and range tests. Its a huge park that contains about 6 football fields and is completely open. The first few times i managed a max altitude of 148m before I lost control signal. I also achieved max range of about 250m. LOS. (about 60m Alt) I acutally started to lose video and then eventually lost control completely.

Took it to the same park again today, with the exact same weather conditions, less wind though, and for some reason I can manage a max distance of about 50m. Also 20-25m max Altitude. Remote app shows control at 5 bars and all is well, then just cuts to no signal and starts RTH. Its not until the thing is about 10m above me that I get signal back. Video stays perfect the entire time. I also noticed that when I lose signal, the P3 tends to jump and wobble all over the place for a second or two and then starts RTH. Not sure whats going on. It was literally flying great one day, cactus the next!

Have tried deleting and reinstalling the app, reset all defaults, re-paired the remote, re-calibrated MCU etc. Beginner mode is off and distance limits are set to 500. Starting to annoy me!! Even when flying within 50m distance, remote is constantly switching from the Green "Safe to fly(GPS)" to the Red "No Control Signal".

Anyone seen this before? Think i just have a dud or is there possibly something stupidly simple that Im missing?

Should be no problem! I got 5741ft ....
Just stole this link from msinger and made the settings like
in here http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/how-to-optimize-apple-device-for-best-dji-pilot-app-performance.48388 And got this over a high noise area :eek: Am downloading the video now ;)
6665'.PNG
ayyyy!!!!.gif

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic