Reaction score
I flew my drone today at 81.8 km/h (50.83 mph) for a short spurt coming off an ocean flight. There was a slight tailwind at 225° relative to my heading at 20.45 km/h (12.71 mph) This is the fastest I have ever flew the "Gainous One" aircraft. I got daring after watching a fellow pilot fly his ~85 km/h (~53 mph) on Friday.

I'll try to go faster at a later time. :eek:

fruv49t.jpg

Last edited:
Not bad but........... Come on man! Let your bird spread its wings and really fly! Sport mode is rated at 45 mph(72.4 km/h) so let the Gainous One rip!!!

My fastest was during a thunderstorm, so I got a mighty good tailwind. I got 73.7 mph(118.6 km/h) out of "Day Star" that night, and others have gone much faster than that.

Reactions: SoCalDude
Not bad but........... Come on man! Let your bird spread its wings and really fly! Sport mode is rated at 45 mph(72.4 km/h) so let the Gainous One rip!!!

My fastest was during a thunderstorm, so I got a mighty good tailwind. I got 73.7 mph(118.6 km/h) out of "Day Star" that night, and others have gone much faster than that.
I definitely want to break the 80 km/h (50 mph) barrier!

Reactions: Tommy Iversen
According to the flight log afterwards, I had mine at 44.3 MPH yesterday. It was only the second time I got bold enough to switch to sport mode. I always use P mode because of the collision avoidance.

My P3A ATTI mode clocked at 68km/h. I would expect at least 80km/h from a P4

my top speed on record is 58 mph , with a slight breeze for a tailwind maybe 5mph or less

I don't understand what you guys are trying to do. You are talking ground speed which is subject to the speed of the air mass that you are flying in. It's very common when flying at altitude to record 50 to 60 mph ground speed in P mode during a normal photo flight.

Sent from my SM-N910V using PhantomPilots mobile app

It's very common when flying at altitude to record 50 to 60 mph ground speed in P mode during a normal photo flight.

Yes, it's common.. We're just comparing highest ground speeds attained.

My best so far is 67.3 Miles per hour / 108.3 Km/h or 30.09 Meters per second. What's yours???

I flew my drone today at 70.52 km/h (43.82 mph) for a short spurt coming off an ocean flight. There was a slight tailwind at 45° at 11.23 km/h (6.98 mph) This is the fastest I have ever flew the "Gainous One" aircraft. I got daring after watching a fellow pilot fly his ~85 km/h (~53 mph) on Friday.

I'll try to go faster at a later time. :eek:

fruv49t.jpg
My P3P tops out at just under 90 km/h in ATTI mode, with a 20 km/h wind or so. You'll get around a 20 km/h boost in ATTI mode, , but make sure you allow an area for coasting until you switch it back to "p" mode, because it will drift with the wind and never actually stop by itself in the mode. Also, there could be a higher risk of flipping it since it is allowed to tilt more in ATTI mode.

I've been struggling to break 50 mph but managed it the other day. Same flight, moderate tail wind 51.8 in sport mode, 54.8 in Atti mode. Not a world record but it made me feel good.

What kind of wind did you have? I would think it would have been hard to be able to come back up wind.
Not sure what the actual wind speed was but it was gusty. Heading into the wind (in sport mode) I was only able to reach 24 mph haha.

What kind of wind did you have? I would think it would have been hard to be able to come back up wind.
That's assuming you are speed testing away from you. The proper way to test your speed is to fly out into the wind about 300m and then haul-butt back to you with the tailwind.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers