New Regulation in Mexico

Reaction score
As you will see, i'm french ! (Sorry for my poor writing) I am leaving for Puerto Vallarta in 2 weeks from now. I was preparing my trip based on the information i found 2 months a go on internet. But now, i just found out a new "uav" regulation for 2016 in Mexico. . I will be there for holiday for 1 week and i like to bring my P4 and bring back some image but i don't want any problem .

It look's a lot more strict and when i read the " 2016 Regulation , i'm not shure i understand well what it mean by " when used to take aero-photographs " ?
Is this only for commercial , particular or everyone ? How should i take this ?

Here is the :
Mexican UAS Regulations Announced
" https://unmannedsystems.ca/mexican-uas-regulations-announced/ "

I'm sorry, i just duplicate this message from another Topic page on this Forum. It was on a wrong Topic subject !
Thank You for your understanding !

To me it looks like if you don;t get their equivalent of a licence and have insurance they can fine you$20.000 US
The first paragraph says it applies to everyone

Draw a big moustache on it and put a sombrero on it and tell them it's a local that learned how to fly.

Unfortunately , It confirm what i understand of it .

I beleive the beast will stay home ! :(

Thank You Phill2 !

Your Phantom 4 is in the "micro" category in Mexico since its weight is less than 2 kg. Getting appropriate insurance should not be a problem. I note that my standard homeowner's insurance meets Mexico's insurance requirements.

(i) Requirements to operate UAVs

a. Obtain an operation authorization pertaining to Small UAVs and Big UAVs. This requirement also applies to Micro UAVs when used to take aero-photographs in accordance with section (iii) below;

b. Obtain a civil responsibility insurance covering third party damages, amounting to approximately US$142,000.

ground control station.

(iii) Special authorizations for aero-photograph

a. Obtain authorization from the National Defense Ministry (“SEDENA”) for aero-photograph ...

Depending on how the regulations are perceived, in addition to insurance there may be authorization from the Ministry of Defense ?

Mexico is always a crap shoot...doesn't matter what the laws are, what matters is how a given police officer or Fédérale chooses to interpret them. You very likely won't have a problem in Mexico, but if you do....there are very few problems in that country that $200 won't solve.

As you will see, i'm french ! (Sorry for my poor writing) I am leaving for Puerto Vallarta in 2 weeks from now. I was preparing my trip based on the information i found 2 months a go on internet. But now, i just found out a new "uav" regulation for 2016 in Mexico. . I will be there for holiday for 1 week and i like to bring my P4 and bring back some image but i don't want any problem .

It look's a lot more strict and when i read the " 2016 Regulation , i'm not shure i understand well what it mean by " when used to take aero-photographs " ?
Is this only for commercial , particular or everyone ? How should i take this ?

Here is the :
Mexican UAS Regulations Announced
" https://unmannedsystems.ca/mexican-uas-regulations-announced/ "

I'm sorry, i just duplicate this message from another Topic page on this Forum. It was on a wrong Topic subject !
Thank You for your understanding !

Looks like Mexico is even worse than US. Canada seems to have the most drone friendly rules.

I go to Cancun every year. I take my drone. It is very friendly there. I usually fly the beaches, and local area. We go to the Royal Sands. I ask security and they always say sure. We are going approximately 40 miles south this year. Looking forward to fly some country side.

Hi all i am new to the phantom pilots forum. I was yelled at today for flying my phantom 4 the older lady came out and said "ge tthat thing out of here it doesnt belong here and neither do you if you cant i will call the cops " out of respect i said ok and brought the drone down but i still want to fly any advice?

Just be nice and polite, even though the way some people act doesn't deserve it. Tell her the sky is controlled by FAA. Fly away from her area. I live in a community of 55 and over. Haven't had a minute of trouble. I fly my neighbood with no complaints.

Just be nice and polite, even though the way some people act doesn't deserve it. Tell her the sky is controlled by FAA. Fly away from her area. I live in a community of 55 and over. Haven't had a minute of trouble. I fly my neighbood with no complaints.

Thanks for the advice i dont live in california im just visiting my gradparents who stay here part time and it is a private comunity

I was in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico last month. I was too scared to bring my P4P, but I wish I had.
While there, I asked anyone I could find about flying a drone. None of the local police, Federales, or resort security said there was any problem flying a drone. In fact when I asked, they all looked at me like, "Why would there be any problem?"

Of course, I can imagine, that it really just depends who you encounter and what they believe the law is. Same thing in the US.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.