NEW RECORD {update} [video is up] 6.09km... 3.8mi !!!

I have no clue. I would like to blame it on the phone but when I am losing half the wifi (telemetry or video) I have to think its DJI related.

You on the latest firmware or flying something older for performance reasons?

Still on 3.0 for the speed... will stay there untill i make another long distance shot (maybe... might not even do that) or untill the next firmware comes with the 7th channel enabler

rrmccabe said:
when I am losing half the wifi (telemetry or video) I have to think its DJI related.

"It's antenna related" is my bet... MIMO is not meant to run antennas that reject multipath... MIMO is meant to take advantage of it... weird decision they made there :| :?:

DBS said:
Still on 3.0 for the speed... will stay there untill i make another long distance shot (maybe... might not even do that) or untill the next firmware comes with the 7th channel enabler

rrmccabe said:
when I am losing half the wifi (telemetry or video) I have to think its DJI related.

"It's antenna related" is my bet... MIMO is not meant to run antennas that reject multipath... MIMO is meant to take advantage of it... weird decision they made there :| :?:

Do you have a link to the 3.0 software? I would like to get more speed

Don't talk dirty to me. Well do... LOL, no idea what you are talking about.

I assume this is the same MIMO that company's like Linksys use for multi antenna routers.

brorex said:
DBS said:
Still on 3.0 for the speed...

Don't have a link bro... i just never moved on from 3.0 when they dropped .04 and .06 ... i heard all the feedback about slowing down the descent and reduced tilt angles so i just stayed where i was cuzz i knew i wanted the same speeds in GPS mode... it IS out there though.. i just seen somebody link to that last week here but i forgot to bookmark the **** thing... had all of them in there too :?

edit: BAAM!!! Found the link!! http://droneslinger.com/software.html

rrmccabe said:
Don't talk dirty to me. Well do... LOL, no idea what you are talking about.

I assume this is the same MIMO that company's like Linksys use for multi antenna routers.

Yes ... Multiple In Multiple Out

60 second quickie on how it works
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF6ZTb9WClo[/youtube]

Or... a bit more detailed explanation
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O179W5Tbzo[/youtube]

Now after seeing this ... why would you stifle your repeaters ability to use all the signal paths by rejecting the reflected ones by a huge dB loss?

I think that's why you see so many having problems with loss of video at close range... loss of video with long lags and hard time rebuilding the stream... loss of data while video is still ok... loss of video at higher resolution... etc... etc...

Have this marked to watch today. Always up for a 60 second quickie.

brorex said:
DBS said:

rrmccabe said:

Here's a link to the process.....

http://www.djiguys.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=5330

Does anyone know what app goes with the V3.0 ?

ToThePoint said:
Does anyone know what app goes with the V3.0 ?

1.0.39 was the one i was on when i decided not to continue updating the Phantom firmware...

1.0.40 / 1.0.50 was when they introduced the waypoint feature (can't remember which one)... works fine with 3.0 on the Phantom...

1.0.52 is the current version with battery bar at the top of the screen... works fine with 3.0 but battery bar doesn't work

By the way thanks for posting the videos. That helped with the wifi stuff.

I did find out that the video and telemetry are streamed on two channels so its possible to break one and not the other which is what I have had happen.

When you lose video you just have to trust that SOB is coming back !

rrmccabe said:
By the way thanks for posting the videos. That helped with the wifi stuff.

I did find out that the video and telemetry are streamed on two channels so its possible to break one and not the other which is what I have had happen.

When you lose video you just have to trust that SOB is coming back !

True dat bro... it's always my goal to have better FPV signal than control... then at least when it hits RTH you can monitor whats going on the entire time... (actually i've never hit either RTH or video loss so i don't know if i'm doing any of that right :-/ )

mr_3_0_5 said:
Nice work on your record

Thankyou sir... more coming soon :ugeek:

DBS said:
rrmccabe said:
actually i've never hit either RTH or video loss so i don't know if i'm doing any of that right :-/ )

I always fly till I hit RTH as I don't know how to turn around !

I thought RTH was cruise control home :D

WOW. I cracked 212 feet the other day, till wifi fail. That was standing on a golf coarse with a elevated T. Flat ground, Line of site. No other wifi interference. About 85 feet elevation. I will not take it back to the assJacks I bought it from. (Calgary Alberta Canada). I know it would come back in worst shape.

rrmccabe said:
DBS said:
(actually i've never hit either RTH or video loss so i don't know if i'm doing any of that right :-/ )

I always fly till I hit RTH as I don't know how to turn around !

I thought RTH was cruise control home :D

Yeah ... i know a bunch that do it that way... i guess i'm old school... i think i've used my RTH once (and i flipped the switch for it)
And the waypoint feature as well... i've used it twice... once to try it out and once to show somebody...
I just feel like ... "if i ain't flying it (it's flying itself)... then why did i go out and spend money on it?" ... i can go "watch" quads fly for free :ugeek:

lignow said:
WOW. I cracked 212 feet the other day, till wifi fail. That was standing on a golf coarse with a elevated T. Flat ground, Line of site. No other wifi interference. About 85 feet elevation. I will not take it back to the assJacks I bought it from. (Calgary Alberta Canada). I know it would come back in worst shape.

Yikes... sounds like some serious problems there... time to start cracking everything open and check for unplugged or pinched or badly kinked wires... if i could only go a couple hundred feet i'd be pissed :twisted:

Well in your case you have more antenna/range than I do. So you are not likely to hit RTH as easily as I am.

I always fly back under my own control after hitting by RTH as soon as I can get control back. Mainly because RTH only flies at about 15mph and sometimes that just doesn't cut it.

azzo said:
Which assistant version to use to get firmware 3.0 ?

On this link... assistant version 3.0
http://droneslinger.com/software.html

rrmccabe said:
Well in your case you have more antenna/range than I do. So you are not likely to hit RTH as easily as I am.

I always fly back under my own control after hitting by RTH as soon as I can get control back. Mainly because RTH only flies at about 15mph and sometimes that just doesn't cut it.

Sometimes I wish they'd release a "pro firmware" version that would have all those parameters user programmable... RTH speed and height would be nice selectable features... and "camera tilt speed" would be another good one :ugeek:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor