New props for Mavic - Wish for Phantom ...

Reaction score
As you may know the Mavic Pro Platinum has been announced and it sports more efficient propellers that are also a little quieter. Combined with new ESC's in the MPP (sinusoidal waveform) the MPP's max endurance goes from 27 minutes to 30. A nice 11% increase.

And they're backward compatible to the Mavic Pro - though DJI say there won't be as much benefit (I assume some of the efficiency is due to the new ESC's and other improvements in the MPP).

All that to say: Would be nice if they come up with re-designed props for the P4P as well for more endurance...

Last edited:
Reactions: UpLift Aerial
All that to say: Would be nice if they come up with re-designed props for the P4P as well for more endurance...
I'm sure we'll see a similar design on the P5.

Reactions: AlanTheBeast
I'm sure we'll see a similar design on the P5.

On all their drones I guess. I recall when they got into the racing world there was a bit on their site about improved prop testing facilities they had invested in. Once you have those tools and knowledge ...

Hopefully the P5 props will also fit back onto the P4P.

Been no reverse compatibility to date.
Each propulsion system is optimized for its state if the art.

Been no reverse compatibility to date.
Each propulsion system is optimized for its state if the art.

And yet the MPP props are reverse compatible to the MP.

The mount (what counts for reverse compatibility) didn't change and that can easily be done for the P5 unless it has larger or smaller props or if a possible folding prop design makes for a mount interface change as well (which isn't a given).

The improvement is to the aerodynamics of the prop, esp. in the tip area. Reduction in tip vortices so less energy loss and less noise. Given how noisy the P4P is, any reduction would be very welcome.

You're muddying waters.
All P2, P3, and P4 variants shared props so why would Mavic variants be different?
Cross platform reverse compatibility does not exist to date.
Sly marketing as well.... no camnibalization.

You're muddying waters.
All P2, P3, and P4 variants shared props so why would Mavic variants be different?
Cross platform reverse compatibility does not exist to date.
Sly marketing as well.... no camnibalization.

Not muddying at all. The P4 props brought the simplest prop hub to the line. Other than the possibility of folding blades (and even then) or significantly more powerful motors, there's no reason to change the hub design.

If noise impacts sales, I think DJI will put effort into prop tip design leaving the hub unchanged. I’d think a prop with advanced tip design would work across the whole P4 series.

I'm pretty irritated that DJI chose to quiet down the Mavic when it is already only about half as loud as the P4.... IMO the P4P should have gotten noise reduction... and for goodness sakes, folding props a LONG time ago.

I have a Mavic as well and will upgrade the props.... and hope for new props for my P4...

Personally, I'd like to see a Mavic with the P4P camera.... even at the expense of flight time.

Reactions: AlanTheBeast

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl