New Possible FPV Setup

Molokai said:
Hey all,

I ran into a product (here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/802W-Wireless-F ... 339f27606f) that may be very useful for us who run gopros and want wifi fpv.

What do you guys think? Anyone have any experience with this thing?

At 80 to 85 grams it's kind of heavy to be strapping to an FC40 isn't it? Also have to wonder about the WiFi distance.

I dont have experience with that, but you might want to consider if you have an android tablet adding a sunhans 2.5W booster to it and a 7dbi alpha panel antenna.

BlackOpsTeamster said:
At 80 to 85 grams it's kind of heavy to be strapping to an FC40 isn't it? Also have to wonder about the WiFi distance.

Yeah I didn't think about the weight issue. With the distance, I was planning on using my wifi booster which would probably give it way more range than the FC40 cam.

Beario said:
I dont have experience with that, but you might want to consider if you have an android tablet adding a sunhans 2.5W booster to it and a 7dbi alpha panel antenna.

That sounds like it would reach very far.

Molokai said:
Beario said:

That sounds like it would reach very far.

It is one of the best setups so far, but right now as I type this I am setting up a Lenovo android Tablet with a 5W Wifi booster and 14dbi antenna. It is an older tablet that I got from work, but it had long range without modification, then I added a pigtail with an antenna which gave over 500 meters, so I am wondering how this setup will do versus the Kindle fire 2.5W booster and 7 dbi antenna.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT