New pilot/older drone P3S

Reaction score
Hello and thank you for taking the time to read my issue. I purchased a Phantom 3 Standard from a 1st time user who was immediately afraid of the unit. Anyways after flying around for a couple of months I'm now experiencing gimbal motor overload error. I haven't crashed or anything. Seen and tried a fee options with no help. One video says to remove 5 screws off back of gimbal , remove circuit board ( or wiggle away ) take center dial and turn....now is that until the flat end is horizontal? Or the ink mark on the control arm itself. Besides I feel like I'd break something if I did it as directed....help Thank you

When you first power up your P3S, the gimbal and camera goes through a short dance routine. This is checking to ensure the gimbal is working properly. In short, it sends pulses to the gimbal motors and checks that each axis freely moves the anticipated distance. If not, something is restricting movement triggering the gimbal motor overload error ... like the camera hitting something, the camera guard on, a bent axis shaft, bad gimbal motor (most unlikely) or dirt on the motor or axis shaft. This happened on my P3S once. I fixed it by squirting alcohol on the motors and moveable parts of the shafts. This cleaned out some dirt I obviously picked up landing on a sandy surface (I now handcatch my P3S). If that doesn't work, there are plenty of videos online on other things that can be done, though that does require some disassembly. Good luck getting your gimbal working.

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read my issue. I purchased a Phantom 3 Standard from a 1st time user who was immediately afraid of the unit. Anyways after flying around for a couple of months I'm now experiencing gimbal motor overload error. I haven't crashed or anything. Seen and tried a fee options with no help. One video says to remove 5 screws off back of gimbal , remove circuit board ( or wiggle away ) take center dial and turn....now is that until the flat end is horizontal? Or the ink mark on the control arm itself. Besides I feel like I'd break something if I did it as directed....help Thank you

Thank you for the advise.

If by chance none of the suggestions work in your favor, please jump back on this thread and let us know.

There are a bunch of very knowledgeable people here on the Forum that can get your problem solved. That’s what we’re all here for. Good luck.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl