Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

New Pilot in North Texas

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Hammy, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Hammy

Hey guys!

Picked up my P4 about 20 days ago and I've been flying like a mad man. 380k feet of total distance over about 50 flights. Some as short as 100 feet and a few over 20k feet. I can't get enough. I am using a Nexus 7 (2013) which works really well.

As I have gotten more comfortable, I have flown farther and farther. Hitting a max of just over 10k feet distance. There have been a few struggles including keeping signal strength. IE...I would lose signal at 1500 but yet be able to make 10k if I fight though it. On a distance flight, I would drop at 2k, 3.5k, 5k, 7k...and so on.
    This is when I found Phantompilots.com and a post by Davphys...

LONG, detailed review of extended range options

Because of that I purchased the ITelite (unboosted). The install took me about 25 mins and that was including having to reopen the controller when I miss ran the internal cables. Easy. All my flights since then have been much improved. Due to the obstacles close to where I fly I haven't really had an increase in range but the video feed and the ability to stay in control has gotten much better. I can't wait till I can get out to a really open area again.

Anyway, I am happy to be here and I excited about what I will learn from you guys.

Thanks!

dirkclod and clackey like this.
  2. dirkclod

dirkclod Moderator
    Staff Member

Great choice Hammy, I have 3 birds and all have the itelite .

Welcome to the forum .
    I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
    Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
    This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

3. Hammy

Thanks! I will definitely be crawling though the forums looking for some good new info. I am still learning how to take show-able video and pictures so I don't have much of that yet. I'm sure I will soon.