New pilot, any recommendations?

Reaction score
Hello just bought a second hand FC40 in exceptional condition. Have been learning on the XC8 Syma, hubsan small thingy! and the nine eagles to get experience. Just wondered if any on had recommendations for flying, upgrades or just sound advice? Really looking forward to it as the syma is fun but only basic.

hi, i am in the same boat, fc40 off ebay. easy to fly in gps and c l, but still need to learn to fly in atti slowly slowly catchee monkey
the one thing i found that no one tells you is the software reqd for the controller is in the phantom 2 part on the dji site. the firmware for the fc40 is in the phantom 1 page
you must update the drone if not already done but i needed to change the controller from mode 1 too 2
btw if you need to mess with the controller you need to open it up ( just 4 screws ) to plug in the usb lead you will see it on the left of the board pointing down
hope that bit of info helps leave a reply if you need more
thanks

Hello just bought a second hand FC40 in exceptional condition. Have been learning on the XC8 Syma, hubsan small thingy! and the nine eagles to get experience. Just wondered if any on had recommendations for flying, upgrades or just sound advice? Really looking forward to it as the syma is fun but only basic.

After you get enough practice and get comfortable with your phantom, I would suggest adding an OSD, telemetry system, upgrading the battery, and switching out the camera to an SJCAM for video recording and FPV. Those upgrades alone are tremendous in terms of range and flight time and are covered in great detail in the FC40 section.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl