New Phantom vision 2 plus

Reaction score
Just received my new Phanom vision 2 plus. I know there are many openions on this but I would like to hear some of them. Should I update the firmware? And if so to what version? I think I read somewhere to avoid some of them. I have owned a Phantom 1.1.1 for about 8 months and never had any flyaway issues. With all the discussions about flyaway I am a little worried. Doesn't seem to be any real answers to way this happens but I'm tring to learn from all the experience on the forum. Thanks for your help.

Well here's my halfpenny worth for what it's worth, others may disagree !

I've had my Vision Plus for a few months now with probably well over a hundred flights. I've done all the updates and as soon as they were available for download.
Never had any problems after the updates and the Vision Plus has performed flawlessly on every flight (as did my previous P2V).

Not modded the UAV end, but my remote has a high gain panel Antenna, the Wifi extender has a Horizon Blackhawk 2.4 antenna and I'm using the Wifi booster app. That gets me uninterrupted FPV and remote control out to 1 mile, which is as far as I want it to go.

But for Christ sakes be careful flying the Vision Plus. Although the gimbal is absolutely fantastic , it's not crash proof.

Yeah watch that camera.
if you have no experience flying sutch things just look to remove the camera and gimbal.
It a nice piece of equipment.
I also use the FPV booster app. Nice job they did and it works fine.
Read and learn how that bird acts, its a aggressive creature if you want it to with a lot of power.
Bear in mind that when you run low on battery +- from 30% never release the stick from full to 0 all of a sudden.
The beast hasn't have power to regain control and will surface ground harder then intended.
And pls read the manual and learn to control your P2V+.
Ow i did the updates to the latest versions also, no issue's yet and i have flown with high temp and the 1.04 on the tablet.

Have fun !

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik