NEW ! Phantom Rain Wet Suit Twilight Collection: Phantom 4 SERIES drones

PhantomWetSuits

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
We have now recorded over 100 flights in the pouring rain with the Phantom Rain Wet Suits.

Today: We had our first 4.3 Earth Quake and hours of pouring rain, floods and weather warnings making for a great adventure.

Order a Phantom 4 Wet Suit and get any 3 color designs of choice : $99.00 International shipping is $35
Just send me an email to [email protected] with TWILIGHT in the subject menu for the Phantom 4 and I will send you out an invoice

ECLIPSE TRAUMA 1 NEON TAC also comes with 3 battery covers.

The TWILIGHT special is for Forum members only and not located on the Website .

Over 100 flights in the pouring rain . June 10th 4.3 earth quake and pouring rain.
Full video can be seen at phantomrain.org

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
I love the idea and they look pretty cool, but I was wondering how the obstacle avoidance system works with this wetsuit? Aside from the Phantom still functioning, have you actually taken it apart so you can definitively claim no water got inside? I think I would worry if there was a little water inside, even though it may be not touching any of the electronics, it could create a higher humidity level/corrosive opportunity for damaging electronics. Has anyone else had experience with this, and will it void the warranty?

I love the idea and they look pretty cool, but I was wondering how the obstacle avoidance system works with this wetsuit? Aside from the Phantom still functioning, have you actually taken it apart so you can definitively claim no water got inside? I think I would worry if there was a little water inside, even though it may be not touching any of the electronics, it could create a higher humidity level/corrosive opportunity for damaging electronics. Has anyone else had experience with this, and will it void the warranty?

The sensors work great with the wet suit, no issues but I prefer to fly with the sensors off.

Were two years now with the wet suits and we have over 100 flights in the rain with this Phantom , and going strong.
Most people will never fly in anything close to that number of storms, but if they do we got them covered.

Since the Wet Suit does not require any part of the drone being taken apart , the DJI warranty still stands.

Phantomrain.org
Approved Vendor
Coal

These types of questions have been asked many, many, many times before. Search for threads. In short no, the vendor has never presented any side by side comparison of drones with and without wet suit. No scientific studies of any kind. No dismantling a drone after flying in a storm. Also no warranty of any kind if your drone is somehow damaged by rain even with a wetsuit applied.

Reactions: N017RW
One of the most impressive storms on the Phantom Record was recorded for 26 minutes .
After this flight the drone was taken apart and and given an exhaustive series of tests

The Wet Suits also solved the Loose battery problem that caused many hundreds of Phantoms to fall out of the sky and the loose leg clips falling off as well as loose props.

Thus if the wet suits only did one thing , they would have never been as successful as they are today.

The Phantom 4 Wet Suits make your phantom a beast in the sky.
This was our very fist recorded flight in the rain with the phantom 4 pro and now were celebrating over 100 flights in the pouring rain with phantom 4 pro..

Last edited:
These types of questions have been asked many, many, many times before. Search for threads. In short no, the vendor has never presented any side by side comparison of drones with and without wet suit. No scientific studies of any kind. No dismantling a drone after flying in a storm. Also no warranty of any kind if your drone is somehow damaged by rain even with a wetsuit applied.

Great! Thanks for the tip!

Reactions: PhantomFandom
We have now recorded over 100 flights in the pouring rain with the Phantom Rain Wet Suits.

Today: We had our first 4.3 Earth Quake and hours of pouring rain, floods and weather warnings making for a great adventure.

Order a Phantom 4 Wet Suit and get any 3 color designs of choice : $99.00 International shipping is $35
Just send me an email to [email protected] with TWILIGHT in the subject menu for the Phantom 4 and I will send you out an invoice

ECLIPSE TRAUMA 1 NEON TAC also comes with 3 battery covers.

The TWILIGHT special is for Forum members only and not located on the Website .

View attachment 111921

Over 100 flights in the pouring rain . June 10th 4.3 earth quake and pouring rain.
Full video can be seen at phantomrain.org

Received thanks. Watching videos. KO

OK me can add I just received some with extras ,how good is that for service, I thought about this heaps, the ups and downs, for me it's a piece of mind thing knowing it can handle some water and colours good for visibility, I'm not only surrounded by the sea it's winter and more wet than dry days..it's quite obvious the water not going in or some short circuit of sorts would occur,,just my opinion on this ,each to there own...guess what I do today;)...I post pictures when done
20190614_094350.jpg

OK me can add I just received some with extras ,how good is that for service, I thought about this heaps, the ups and downs, for me it's a piece of mind thing knowing it can handle some water and colours good for visibility, I'm not only surrounded by the sea it's winter and more wet than dry days..it's quite obvious the water not going in or some short circuit of sorts would occur,,just my opinion on this ,each to there own...guess what I do today;)...I post pictures when doneView attachment 112005

Be sure to watch those install videos. No winging it. lol

Hello again. I am mostly done. The wetsuit is designed for the pro and adv models. My standard was more difficult but will work well. Still need to upgrade to new style prop mounts with spring for prop seal to work. The top of legs are fatter on the standard also. I would make changes next time for appearance and ease of installation. I am filming with my pro in wingman app so I wanted my standard to look nice and protected. Battery opening scared me last night, could hardly install and remove the battery . Sat overnight with bat installed and works Perfect now. Also wrapped the drone with blue painters tape overnight to aid adhesion. With everything laid out took 1 hour, with a little extra time working on legs. Beware, Videos are out of date but a must. Would I buy again. YES! PS: tight fit in DJI foam case.
IMG_0162.jpg
IMG_0163.jpg
IMG_0164.jpg
IMG_0165.jpg
IMG_0168.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0161.jpg
    IMG_0161.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 296

I believe the foam case is going to be a problem. Also cannot put battery seal on front as they will not fit, even in the pro case, with seal on. Will shop for a new case. To expensive to risk a tear. Sorry to list the cons but the pluses FAR outway any glitches. Next time will be so easy, even fun. KO

I believe the foam case is going to be a problem. Also cannot put battery seal on front as they will not fit, even in the pro case, with seal on. Will shop for a new case. To expensive to risk a tear. Sorry to list the cons but the pluses FAR outway any glitches. Next time will be so easy, even fun. KO

That tip on the Painters tape to wrap it tight was a great idea,

You might consider modifying the case as I just tore off the two corner tabs on the case to allow for the back legs to sit without ripping the wet suit.

It just a very small part you need to remove the very corner about 1/4 material on both side and you can also loosen up the foam by just squeezing it as its very tight .

Thank you KO

Last edited:
Sitting by fire sounds good to me,bit cold here,,this pic show I have found use for a cheap sun shade ,,makes for good cam umbrella,,I did have some neoprene strip here but not stick to well on cam surface so this cam shade works a treat,,,,,,$100 fair price to pay to have all weather drone,,can help protect aswell,unlike a vinyl decal it's soft and probly add protection to a light impact,,,also good if lost in bush it will last longer,also good if fall in water,it float bit longer,phantom wetsuits is good vendor and I'm sure if you ask he look after you well,,cause my currency is rubbish cost me lot more but he flagged shipping cost and gave me extras,,now that's good service so big thumbs up to phantom wetsuits,,,go on get a suit on
20190616_100819.jpg

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits
Sitting by fire sounds good to me,bit cold here,,this pic show I have found use for a cheap sun shade ,,makes for good cam umbrella,,I did have some neoprene strip here but not stick to well on cam surface so this cam shade works a treat,,,,,,$100 fair price to pay to have all weather drone,,can help protect aswell,unlike a vinyl decal it's soft and probly add protection to a light impact,,,also good if lost in bush it will last longer,also good if fall in water,it float bit longer,phantom wetsuits is good vendor and I'm sure if you ask he look after you well,,cause my currency is rubbish cost me lot more but he flagged shipping cost and gave me extras,,now that's good service so big thumbs up to phantom wetsuits,,,go on get a suit on
Hello again. I am mostly done. The wetsuit is designed for the pro and adv models. My standard was more difficult but will work well. Still need to upgrade to new style prop mounts with spring for prop seal to work. The top of legs are fatter on the standard also. I would make changes next time for appearance and ease of installation. I am filming with my pro in wingman app so I wanted my standard to look nice and protected. Battery opening scared me last night, could hardly install and remove the battery . Sat overnight with bat installed and works Perfect now. Also wrapped the drone with blue painters tape overnight to aid adhesion. With everything laid out took 1 hour, with a little extra time working on legs. Beware, Videos are out of date but a must. Would I buy again. YES! PS: tight fit in DJI foam case. View attachment 112069View attachment 112070View attachment 112071View attachment 112073View attachment 112074

had to share this with you two !

Every now and than we get a testimonial that really special and so from IRELAND WITH LOVE for the Phantom Rain Wet Suits.

Im expecting big things from you guys ;)

Tired of these obnoxious plugs. Why would you want to fly a Phantom in the rain anyways? What kind of footage are you looking to get?

Reactions: N017RW

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31