New Phantom owner

Reaction score
Hello from Central Illinois! I've been flying for a few years as an outgrowth of a video production side business, but I've never had a DJI until last week. I own an Autel Evo, 3DR Solo, and a Yuneec Typhoon, and now a used Phantom 3 Pro.

I had a bunch of farmground to shoot for a sale, but the 3DR has a dead Pixhawk and the Evo is headed back to Autel for gimbal issues... So I bought the P3P to run Litchi and shoot it like I would have with the Solo. Very impressed so far, not sure why I avoided DJI all these years. My next purchase (down the road a bit) might have to be a P4Pv2.

I still have some tinkering and figuring out to do. I didn't have any ND filters yet and I was getting some noise and a little jello. But it looks like Litchi does all the stuff I need for land video, so hopefully this can replace my Solo for that job because it's so much easier and the range is so much better. So far I feel like Litchi + DJI is everything I had hoped 3DR would be.

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

Reactions: dronesky
Welcome to the forum!

If you are interested, click here for some tips that I often share with new P3A/P3P owners.

Cheers!
Oso, I to am a newbie at this having recently purchased a used P3A, finding this thread with those tips for the new guys has been invaluable for me. While I have read the manual numerous times prior to flight, the additional tips are great. Thanks for posting CapnJim

Reactions: Oso
Welcome to the forum.

The P3 was my first DJI bird (and it was NOT my last LOL). The more you use it the more you'll love it. In fact I have 3 P3's for training etc.

Once you move up to the P4 you'll relegate the P3 as a stand-by aircraft. It's always good to have a well performing and reliable aircraft as your stand-by.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic