New phantom battery life

PC_

Reaction score
Just got my phantom 1 in and wanted to take it up and see what it can do. How long would you fly until you need to come back or is there a way to know more details on how much you have on a stock phantom? Thanks!

Keep an eye on the led, when it starts flashing red you will have a minute or two before it auto lands. With a new fully charged battery and using the stock 8 inch props you can expect about 11 minutes before the first red led warning and you might get about 13 minutes before it auto lands, assuming there is no camera or other attachments. Using 9 inch props (9443 or 9450) you will get an extra two minutes, about 15 minutes total.

The best time I ever got from the Phantom 2200 mah battery was exactly 16 minutes till auto land, 9443 props, no camera.

It's a good idea to label your batteries #1, #2, ect and keep a log of how long they last. Over time it will decrease. Use a stop watch or timer while flying and bring it back close to home a few minutes before it's due to auto land.

Thanks for your response. Since it's raining outside I just wanted to hover in the living room and get the feel for it. When I hit return to home to test that out, it went full throttle to the ceiling and stayed full throttle. I kept trying to turn it to atti and it wouldn't do anything! Any idea what just happened?? If I was outside I fear it would of been long gone!

Just got my phantom 1 in and wanted to take it up and see what it can do. How long would you fly until you need to come back or is there a way to know more details on how much you have on a stock phantom? Thanks!

Conditioning the battery is a good thing, so they say. Trust me, the "Theys" are a lot smarter than me, and they say to run it down only about half of what you think it should do, for the first 10 uses.

Thanks for your response. Since it's raining outside I just wanted to hover in the living room and get the feel for it. When I hit return to home to test that out, it went full throttle to the ceiling and stayed full throttle. I kept trying to turn it to atti and it wouldn't do anything! Any idea what just happened?? If I was outside I fear it would of been long gone!
592101.GIF

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forums PC_. Just a little tip on lipo batteries - educate yourself on them! They are not like typical batteries and can be dangerous if handled inappropriately (fire hazard). They should be kept in a fireproof safe or metal ammunition boxes, something fireproof. They also require careful monitoring for longevity. They need to be stored at the right voltage, etc., etc. As you can see there is a few things to know and thats just the battery!
Get a couple of cheap battery alarms. I use these -

$_12.jpg

Well, it's the next day and I'm still laughing like hell.

Hey PC, have you read about what the Phantom was doing when you hit RTH (return to home)?

I'll share this with ya, don't ever set your home point UNDER anything. :eek:

I have 4.02 firmware. Is that ok or should I go with 4.04

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.