New Phantom 3 Owner

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hi! I've been flying RC helis and airplanes for years, and tinkered around a little bit with cheap drones. Just picked up a nice used Phantom 3 standard....and I love it! Glad I found the forums, hoping to learn a lot!

Welcome to PhantomPilots.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Just wanted to say hi! I've been flying RC helis and airplanes for years, and tinkered around a little bit with cheap drones. Just picked up a nice used Phantom 3 standard....and I love it! Glad I found the forums, hoping to learn a lot!
cool and welcome

im haveing a problem whith my phantom2+with the motors not starting and theres yellow lights flashing then when i try to ingage the motors they turn red i upgraded my firmware my controler i dont get it any ideas>?

Help.. My Phantom 3 advanced camera is having an issue on horizontal balance every time i yaw to the left or to right, i've done IMU calibration, and camera calibration, and before taking a flight I do gimbal roll adjustment,What could be the problem on this kind of issue on the camera?

Help.. My Phantom 3 advanced camera is having an issue on horizontal balance every time i yaw to the left or to right, i've done IMU calibration, and camera calibration, and before taking a flight I do gimbal roll adjustment,What could be the problem on this kind of issue on the camera?
Check out this post from Monday. Also, it’s best to start your own new thread when you have issues rather than adding it to another thread. Especially to an intro thread. :)

Welcome from New York.
So you bought privatly? On e-bay, a p3s goes for maybe $340.00US. I’ve got five this way. Two were returned ‘cause some or one feature was non functional. The other three
are not flying either. Pilot error. I’ve been flying about 15 months. The last crash was last week. Chasing Canada geese. There were about 30 birds at the end of a tidal creek. Yeah, salt water. Anyway, things were going great and some of the geese were airborne. Then all of a sudden for some reason, the aircraft flew into a boat mooring pole. A p3s doesn’t swim. Pilot error. I wanted to blame Obama.
Now this creek is a tidal creek and it was low tide. Fresh water is entering, blending with the salt water making brackish water. Since I am the PIC I jumped to action. Subject drone was submerged for 15 minutes or so... I needed a boat. Another 8 minutes to home. No one was home. Great! Went straight for the hair dryer and did the motors. Opened the shell just about allway and blew again. Medium heat, moderate volume. Then sprayed liberty with WD40. After some praying and 4 hours later it ignited. The camera works but goes left to right with no up or down. I’m working on it.
Now my other 2 p3s’: broken gimbal bracket that’s attached to shell in 4 places and the grey wire going to camera pulled out.
The other one needs a main board coming in the mail thru e-bay. Price was $70.00US. If it does not work, back to seller.
I will be in the air by Saturday. Class C air space.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl