New P4P V2.0 need help on new set up

Reaction score
Just bought new P4P v2.0 and bought ipad Mini4 with cellular to run it want to start set up in a way that will avoid problems ist there a step by step instruction somewhere?

Just bought new P4P v2.0 and bought ipad Mini4 with cellular to run it want to start set up in a way that will avoid problems ist there a step by step instruction somewhere?

Terry,

I purchased a P4P V2.0 a few weeks ago; had problems with the tablet I was going to use as a monitor; ordered a CrystalSky monitor; received the wrong mounting bracket; sending that back today.

Perhaps we can share questions / info / etc.

Al

This is the setup I run as well and works great. What do you mean avoid problems?

AL:

Is this a new drone for you? I have an Autel Xstar premium that works great unfortunately I bought it when I first got my license with out much input from others everything was too new then but I have since learned that DJI has 75% of the market and in many cases the only system allowed to fly certain jobs. I am init for the commercial side, and I dont want to make a mistake setting up. It takes too much time to fix things that could have been done with the proper instruction up front.
Are you a regular DJI Phantom pilot? I am expecting my Ipad mini4 with cellular today and will start the set-up process, Have you set up your P4p yet?

This is the setup I run as well and works great. What do you mean avoid problems?
I dont want to do the set-up and software install wrong downloads to AC and Ipad, reading the forumit sounds like others have had problems?

Terry,

I purchased a P4P V2.0 a few weeks ago; had problems with the tablet I was going to use as a monitor; ordered a CrystalSky monitor; received the wrong mounting bracket; sending that back today.

Perhaps we can share questions / info / etc.

Al
I am expecting a IPad mini 4 cellular today whats your thoughts?

I dont want to do the set-up and software install wrong downloads to AC and Ipad, reading the forumit sounds like others have had problems?
Is a straight forward process. Download DJI Go app from app store, charge batteries, connect everything. Log in with your user account into the DJI Go app and fly.

Edit: make sure you do the firmware update before take off. It fixes a couple of things.

I am expecting a IPad mini 4 cellular today whats your thoughts?
The iPad mini 4 works great for now. Get the shade, because when it gets hot due to direct sunlight, the processor throttles and you see a really bad video lag.

The iPad mini 4 works great for now. Get the shade, because when it gets hot due to direct sunlight, the processor throttles and you see a really bad video lag.
I have a large shade but dont like the lag idea what are you using?

I have a large shade but dont like the lag idea what are you using?
a Phantom 4 Pro v2.0 with a LTE iPad Mini 4. It has only happened to me once, when I did a very long flight under the sun. What saved me was that instead of using DJI Go 4 app to fly, I opened DJI Groundstation Pro, which didn't show this lag. Although is a mapping software, you are able to see what the drones sees and fly manually just fine, just like the DJI Go 4 app. Once the iPad cooled down, everything went back to normal. Got the shade afterwards and problem never presented itself again. Also, I try to always be in a shade, not because of the iPad, but because my skin doesn't like the sun.

AL:

Is this a new drone for you? I have an Autel Xstar premium that works great unfortunately I bought it when I first got my license with out much input from others everything was too new then but I have since learned that DJI has 75% of the market and in many cases the only system allowed to fly certain jobs. I am init for the commercial side, and I dont want to make a mistake setting up. It takes too much time to fix things that could have been done with the proper instruction up front.
Are you a regular DJI Phantom pilot? I am expecting my Ipad mini4 with cellular today and will start the set-up process, Have you set up your P4p yet?

Terry,

Yes, this is a new drone for me. I considered an Autel model, but it never seemed to come to market. So I went with the DJI. I didn't realize that there were so many compatibility issues with different devices. I tried using my Samsung tablet, but found there was a bad connector on it. So I ordered a CrystalSky monitor. I figured if I have everything DJI, I won't run into a lot of the non-compatibility issues. I received the wrong mounting bracket and returned it a couple of days ago. Waiting on the new/correct bracket. Still studying for my Part 107.
I work in Commercial Real Estate and also belong to a couple of car clubs. So I plan to use the drone to support my RE business and to capture some of our car club events.
I hear you regarding the setup - lots of parameters to be taken into consideration. I started to set mine up, but couldn't get the drone to connect to my tablet. That was when I discovered the bad connector and decided to order the CrystalSky monitor. Hopefully, I will have everything by this coming weekend and will start the setup again.

Al

Terry,

Yes, this is a new drone for me. I considered an Autel model, but it never seemed to come to market. So I went with the DJI. I didn't realize that there were so many compatibility issues with different devices. I tried using my Samsung tablet, but found there was a bad connector on it. So I ordered a CrystalSky monitor. I figured if I have everything DJI, I won't run into a lot of the non-compatibility issues. I received the wrong mounting bracket and returned it a couple of days ago. Waiting on the new/correct bracket. Still studying for my Part 107.
I work in Commercial Real Estate and also belong to a couple of car clubs. So I plan to use the drone to support my RE business and to capture some of our car club events.
I hear you regarding the setup - lots of parameters to be taken into consideration. I started to set mine up, but couldn't get the drone to connect to my tablet. That was when I discovered the bad connector and decided to order the CrystalSky monitor. Hopefully, I will have everything by this coming weekend and will start the setup again.

Al
The disadvantage of going full DJI is that you are missing out on the awesome third party apps for DJI drones, like Litchi, Drone Deploy, etc.

I just got everything working with my new ipad mini4 rev 11.1 did a short flight yesterday for testing now ikts now to all the parameters to use. Stay in touch let me know how you did.

The disadvantage of going full DJI is that you are missing out on the awesome third party apps for DJI drones, like Litchi, Drone Deploy, etc.

Yes, I considered that fact, too. But I felt I need to get started with as few complications as possible at first. I can always pick up a tablet or some android device should the time come when I need one or more third-party apps that DJI won't load.

Yes, I considered that fact, too. But I felt I need to get started with as few complications as possible at first. I can always pick up a tablet or some android device should the time come when I need one or more third-party apps that DJI won't load.
How old was your Samsung tablet and what did you ment there was a problem with bad connector? Did you try your phone?

First thing I did after DJI DO 4 gave problems was revert back to Litchi and ignore warnings to update firmware and such. I’ve had no problems since such as repeated notices that I have to upgrade to fly. I have no GEO fencing or NFZ issues either. My original Phantom 4 flew perfectly for two years without any required upgrades and I expect the same with my V 2.0. I made sure Litchi would fly with the V 2.0 before I ordered it also. I’ve not been disappointed!

Jim
WA5TEF

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irish_phantom