New P4P+ owner with newbie question

Reaction score
I bought the P4P+ Saturday and love it! There is a lot to learn coming from the P3s. I notice the 3rd party apps (facebook,twitter etc...) and was trying to see if these can be removed? I was also wondering where do you go to get any 3rd party apps that DJI will allow? I did not see any thing like a "PLAYSTORE" on the device. I was not able to find in settings, or any other tab I opened, the option to delete any apps installed. Thank you in advance for any advice!

I think the "plus" is well locked down and although android based, does not allow 3rd party apps, there may be some side loading work arounds, but it is a trade off, you get a very compatible device, and all the other benefits, but restricted.

I’m just now looking at drones, and have decided on the P4P, but I thought I just read within the last week or two that DJI had decided to change the plus, allowing 3rd party apps. I may be wrong, but I thought I saw that somewhere.

I’m just now looking at drones, and have decided on the P4P, but I thought I just read within the last week or two that DJI had decided to change the plus, allowing 3rd party apps. I may be wrong, but I thought I saw that somewhere.
You may be correct, this is why we come on here to expand our knowledge,thanks.

I have tried on my plus like you but without success. Bit frustrating not to be able to decide what apps we use having paid more for the product in the first place. If anyone does find out if changes are afoot please tell.

The current firmware allows other apps to be installed via sideloading them. You won't be able to run any DJI GO alternatives though.

I bought the P4P+ Saturday and love it! There is a lot to learn coming from the P3s. I notice the 3rd party apps (facebook,twitter etc...) and was trying to see if these can be removed? I was also wondering where do you go to get any 3rd party apps that DJI will allow? I did not see any thing like a "PLAYSTORE" on the device. I was not able to find in settings, or any other tab I opened, the option to delete any apps installed. Thank you in advance for any advice!
You may want to consider returning the craft, exchanging it for the P4P without the display. It's cheaper and more flexible for third party apps.

Too bad you didn't realize this limitation last week before you bought the P4P+.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT