New P4P battery sensor prevents takeoff with dislodged battery

They should warranty drones when the pilot does not insert the battery correctly? That would be a rather generous thing for DJI to do. I guess the next step would be to warranty crashes where pilots accidentally fly into trees?
That's different that obviously is pilot error. There are enough cases to show that this is definitely not just pilot error. There are other factors at stake. Totally different scenario. Flying into a tree simply shows you weren't pay attention to where or how you were flying. I guess I'm just pissed because checking the battery has always been at the top of my checklist before I ever take off.

By trying to detect the tendency for some to improperly or incompletely insert the battery they will eliminate unnecessary warranty claims and customer dissatisfaction with denied claims.

They should warranty drones when the pilot does not insert the battery correctly? That would be a rather generous thing for DJI to do. I guess the next step would be to warranty crashes where pilots accidentally fly into trees?
:Dlol yeah I don't think that would happen... I do think what they are doing is a step in the right direction kind of making the process idiot proof.

If I'm on a critical flight then, knowing that this is a potential issue, I strap the battery in with duct tape. Not pretty but the battery is staying put!

Curious to see what happens if the aircraft is already airborne and this gets triggered?

I started a thread that appears to answer that.
I tested on my new 2.0 and once the motors are running (on table, no props) they don't turn off if/when the bottom lock is pressed to where it isn't pushing on the tab anymore (THANK GOODNESS)...
LOOSE Batteries in Brand New P4P 2.0

Reactions: Hounddog
Very nice. Thanks for posting.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel