New P4 owner of 1 day on Boston's North Shore.

Reaction score
Hi all,

How I ended up here:

Senior citizen who never grew up. Having fun with quads for about a year. Figured it would start and end with a cheap one with a camera. Ended up with a few more including a h502s then the h501s.

Had a fly away with a 3 day old v666n last month. Learned I should have known more about headless mode. I also seem to break a lot of props on the 501.

Put in for a Mavic 11/5/16, a big reason is because it looked to be more controllable.

After waiting a while, at my age the days are numbered on the low side, I decided to get a
refurbished P4 from DJI (got it 2 days ago). Really liked the prospect of the Mavic but on reading more about it I came across someone saying that it didn't withstand crashes as well as the P4. Big plus in my case. I also liked the quality of the P4 videos more and I could get it now.

That should give you guys and gals an idea of where I'm at. Still haven't even put the props on the P4 yet as I'm presently going thu flight training program etc.

BTW, I set the P4 to beginner mode during initial set up. Does that affect the response time in the flight program? It seems very unresponsive. Exceedly difficult to even get it on the landing strip.

Take care,
Bill

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum Bill .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

I set the P4 to beginner mode during initial set up. Does that affect the response time in the flight program? It seems very unresponsive. Exceedly difficult to even get it on the landing strip.
No. What exactly is happening when you try to land?

Tell us more about how you're attempting to land. Spare us no details :)

I don't use the flight simulator often. I found it's not very realistic and does not give you the same feeling as actually flying a Phantom. However, it's perfect for testing out things like a CSC mid-flight.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31