New p4 manufacturing defect on lens?

Reaction score
My new p4 arrived by mail today, and before peeling off the lens cover I can already tell there was a little bubble. Can anyone tell me if this is normal? The exterior of the glass is smooth and looks to be a tiny air bubble inside the glass on the lower part of the lens. Will this affect camera quality or should I try exchanging at the Apple store? I have only unboxed the p4 never flown.
1458081274002.jpg
1458081315058.jpg

My new p4 arrived by mail today, and before peeling off the lens cover I can already tell there was a little bubble. Can anyone tell me if this is normal? The exterior of the glass is smooth and looks to be a tiny air bubble inside the glass on the lower part of the lens. Will this affect camera quality or should I try exchanging at the Apple store? I have only unboxed the p4 never flown.View attachment 47207View attachment 47208

Simply RETURN right away, don't worry yourself about it, Apple will exchange it. It doesn't look like a bubble but a grease spot on the inner lens. At such close proximity to the sensor it's possible you wouldn't notice it. However, that is not the point, your P4 should be in PERFECT condition, Return to apple and get what you paid for.

Did you remove the lens filter? That looks like a filter flaw to me, not the actual lens. If that's the case you'll like replace that with an ND8 anyway, or ND4 for cloudy days. You'll need those filters to smooth out the video to remove the jitters when panning.

Bring it back to Apple right away to see if they will change it out. It will make a big difference when shooting images or video toward the sun.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl