New P4 is perfect!!! No gimbal noise at all after 3 exchanges at the Apple Store.

Reaction score
Well not exactly...... everything was going fine until I got this very alarming message, it made my stomach fall to my feet, Is this thing even safe to fly at this point?!?! This is my 4th P4 all the other ones had gimbal issues now this?

Attachments

• IMG_20160416_201235.jpg
    IMG_20160416_201235.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 575
  • IMG_20160416_192927.jpg
    IMG_20160416_192927.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 505
Mine did the same thing, take off propellers, and reinstall and see if message disappears

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: PROJEFFREY11
Mine did the same thing, take off propellers, and reinstall and see if message disappears

I'll try, I noticed the IMU sensor spikes after a calibration as seen in the picture IMU#2 is always higher is that even normal even after a calibration and this is after the power cycle.

I'll try, I noticed the IMU sensor spikes after a calibration as seen in the picture IMU#2 is always higher is that even normal even after a calibration and this is after the power cycle.

Mine has the same after a calibration but no ill effects.

Does your P4 hold it's altitude while it's hovering? Or fly weird?

My second Imu fluctuates like that more than the first. (Goes about 0.003 to 0.007).

It doesn't matter because the first imu is what is selected. You can always check what imu is selecte (little yellow dot).

My phantom is solid in the air.

Are any of the propellers loose when installed I.e have a bit of leeway.

Have you tired the second set of propellers? Replacing all the current ones your using?

Did yours also drop altitude while hovering in gps mode & full manual mode none gps mode?
When first flying below 20 meters if I fly forward and stop it will drop a few feet and then climb. A lot of people have reported this issue. However after flying and coming back down it seems fine. It's only the initial lift off and flying low will I notice it drop a few feet when coming to a stop.

My phantom when stopped after the short drop flies perfect level and doesn't move.

My second Imu fluctuates like that more than the first. (Goes about 0.003 to 0.007).

It doesn't matter because the first imu is what is selected. You can always check what imu is selecte (little yellow dot).

My phantom is solid in the air.

Are any of the propellers loose when installed I.e have a bit of leeway.

Have you tired the second set of propellers? Replacing all the current ones your using?
Yes already tried all the propellers that are included I don't know what do at this point.

Yes already tried all the propellers that are included I don't know what do at this point.

Is any other of the metal clips loose on the motors? Is there any motor that gets hotter than the others after flying. Do they all twitch when starting the phantom up?

Do they spin nice and freely I.e turn the motors by hand do they all turn the same, and put the propellers on and turn them again, do they spin the same?

But you know what, just take it back! Try another Apple Store - maybe they have a different batch!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic