New P4 bad battery

Reaction score
Well fresh out of the box bad battery just may be the end for me.....

Best Buy purchase battery had no power and wouldn't charge , now I have 2 spare battery's coming tomorrow, but the bird was dead today , so went to exchange no stock and a 10 day wait so I just returned.
Going to buy a P4P direct from DJI instead

Last edited:
Bought a p4 last friday and the battery was dead fresh out of the box, would not charge and the button did not perform any functions at all. Returned the whole thing on saturday and got a completely new p4 box as replacement. Surprise surprise, the battery was dead on that one too. Jumped straight into my car and drove over to a different dealer and bought myself only the battery. This one started charging directly and seems to be in full working condition after a few flights. Getting the second broken battery changed by the first dealer.

Sent from my ZTE Blade Vec 4G using PhantomPilots mobile app

Seems the bad battery problem is pretty common. I just got a new P4, came with 3 batteries and one was dead and wouldn't take charge. Back to Adorama it went, took $15 to mail it back. Will see how fast they get me another back, meanwhile I ordered a fourth I hoping it is a good one.

Hi FLDan.
Same happens to me, had the same order from Adorama. Phoned them and had UPS return document within 1 minute after the call. Boxed the battery again, put the label on and delivered it at UPS. Did not cost me a penny.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

This DOA battery thing is very strange.

I got three batteries with my P4 and one of them was DOA. No lights. No charging. Nothing.

I can't believe that many batteries get sent out like that. Did the P3 and earlier versions have the same problems with new batteries?

Return in progress.

AD

Got my replacement battery back from Adorama today (great service, by the way), but the replacement appears to be dead also. :( I'm starting to get uncomfortable about using DJI batteries in my copter, I really question their reliability.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic