New P3s owner, couple questions

Reaction score
Hi guys, salutes to yall.
Took out p3s for a 5 min run to get a feel of the controls, super smooth, verry happy.
On to the question.
There are a few calibrations to be done such as imu, gyroscope etc. Is there an issue if i do all theese calibrations at home/indoors? (I live on the 3rd floor apt).
Send question is if anyone knows if theres a way to be conected to the p3s but not loose internet on my phone (s5).
A third question if its no too much, as am conected to the p3s i have my location services/gps enabled on my phone for greater acurracy, but does it matter if its enabled or not? After all all cordinates come from the drone right?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-02-12-47-16.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-02-12-47-16.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 434
You shouldn't calibrate it inside near any metals or power lines it could mess it up and it won't hover as well

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Jorgejim90
IMU can be calibrated inside, infact the reviews say to do that. Also should be done as cold as you can get the phantom to prevent long "warm up" times when you first try to fly. The compass should be calibrated WHERE YOU ARE GOING TO FLY.. as the previous poster said away from metals or any interference. Each time you change flying locations, you should calibrate the compass. Some say you dont have to but it only takes a minute.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl