New P3S Frustration

Reaction score
I picked up a brand new Phantom 3 Standard this weekend, but I’m struggling to get it operational. With the controller paired to the phantom and my phone connected to the phantom WiFi, the rear lights flash yellow rapidly and there is no camera feed. When I check the app, it says the gimbal is disconnected. The drone won’t take off, so I can’t fly or use the camera. I’ll list some details and things I’ve tried below.

- uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times
- created two different dji accounts
- updated the firmware
- updated my iPhone SE
- checked all wiring I could access
- the camera/gimbal goes through its movements when powered on, so it does seem to work

I’m sure there’s more, but that’s all I can think of at the moment. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Have you updated, just wondering, not asking you to do so? If it doesn't work, you might return it.

I’ve updated everything I can think to update. Also tried relinking the controller a couple of times. It seems successful and the light on the controller is green, but the phantom lights still flash yellow rapidly and there’s no camera feed.

I may have to return it as suggested. It will be a few days before I get a chance though. If anyone has ideas of things I could try in the meantime, please share them. Thanks

I may have to return it as suggested. It will be a few days before I get a chance though. If anyone has ideas of things I could try in the meantime, please share them. Thanks

The rapid flashing yellow is the AC telling you it's not connected to the remote. Do you know anyone with P3S you could try linking a different remote?

Bummer you got a defective something, somewhere.

The rapid flashing yellow is the AC telling you it's not connected to the remote. Do you know anyone with P3S you could try linking a different remote?

Bummer you got a defective something, somewhere.

Unfortunately, I don’t know of anyone local with a P3S controller I could try.

Unfortunately, I don’t know of anyone local with a P3S controller I could try.
10-4 and good luck. I have read that DJI has zero quality control. Nothing is tested before leaving the factory. We're the testers. I've often wondered how they could have so many refurbished units for sale. This is why.

After two different online chat sessions with DJI support, the phantom was returned last night. I’ll try again with another one. Thanks for the help.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl