New P3P, no video feed in DJI Go

Reaction score
BLUF - I have no image on my DJI GO app, it will operate the camera and video, and will record to the SD Micro Card. However, no live image on the app. What could be the problem?
djigo2.jpg

The rest of the story...
So I finally got some time to unpack my new P3P which I bought in April. Set out to update the firmware, downloaded the latest firmware (01.09.0060), placed it in the root directory of a clean FAT32 microSD. Ran into some weirdness with a fail to update - after 15+ minutes on the aircraft. Checked the log text file on the SD card, said try again. So I tried again, immediately went into fail mode, tried to move back to a older firmware no luck. So I contacted DJI yesterday, spoke with a fellow named Marshall. He had me connect the DJI GO app to the remote and the APP showed the aircraft FW was at 01.09.0060. So he said regardless of the "fail message" the aircraft was good to go. He then walked me through updating the RC FW vis the DJI GO app to the latest version 1.60.

During all this time, I was not seeing an image on the DJI Go app screen. I was focused on other things while on the phone with DJI's Marshall and didn't mention it to him. I thought I might not have removed the lens cap or something. So any suggestions?

Does the txt file on the SD card show anything regarding modules 8 & 15?

Sent from my QMV7B using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for the reply. Here is the .txt in its entirety:

Result: Failed.
Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:14 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.09.0060.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:14 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.09.0060.bin

There is another txt file in the logs folder, it may be a hidden file.

Thanks for the reply.

Well dang, I just copied the visible log file onto my PC and formated the SD card. So its likely gone, gone.

Assuming it showed such an error what might be my options to remedy the problem?

A common issue seems to be the main gimbal board failing due to excessive heat. Try the update again, but use a desk fan pointed at the gimbal. Wouldn't hurt, but it may already be toast. I just repaired a pro last week, had to replace the whole camera/gimbal assembly. There are no boards available that I could find. The gimbal has a 6 month warranty.

So I suppose I'm left with contacting DJI again and sending it back to them for repair? I hope they will do it under warranty.

Just providing an update. After speaking with DJI tech support, we tried several things to remedy this issue, with no success. They issued me an RMA and a UPS shipping label. I've packed and shipped the P3P to them in California for repair. They claim a two-week turn-around after receipt with about 10 days for UPS ground to deliver the P3P to the DJI facility.

Further update... After receiving my aircraft at DJI, one day later I received a request for payment ($313). I called and spoke with DJI, said they did not receive my proof of purchase, which was taped to the aircraft! I emailed them another copy, they said it would take a supervisor to back-out the payment request and approve the repair as warranty. It took three more calls and eventually speaking to a supervisor (Peter) and it has finally changed status from, "awaiting payment" to "repaired and tested". Still awaiting shipment. Now I hope it works when I finally get it back.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic