New P3P new cooling fan on 4K camera

to help you can you put your video 4K on youtube?

Thanks for the suggestion, I think I am in good shape now. I reformatted my MicroSD card and did some recording last night at varying resolutions from 4K down to 1080 30fps and all samples played just fine on my laptop. I suspect my core issue was that I had formatted the card on my computer using ExFat but did not reformat on the Phantom camera before recording my initial samples. Because all my footage was at night I can't yet speak to the image quality but It's looking promising. So, a word of caution. Don't stick an ExFat formatted memory card in your phantom and try recording to it. I think I can safely say that the 4K camera/gimbal kit can be effectively placed on a Phantom 3 Advanced and for the most part perform like a Pro. I can't speak conclusively about the down link bitrate for FPV though. I did change the slider to 8Mbps but it was impossible to discern whether the live feed on my iPad Min 2 benefited from it.

Reactions: did3d
Thanks for the suggestion, I think I am in good shape now. I reformatted my MicroSD card and did some recording last night at varying resolutions from 4K down to 1080 30fps and all samples played just fine on my laptop. I suspect my core issue was that I had formatted the card on my computer using ExFat but did not reformat on the Phantom camera before recording my initial samples. Because all my footage was at night I can't yet speak to the image quality but It's looking promising. So, a word of caution. Don't stick an ExFat formatted memory card in your phantom and try recording to it. I think I can safely say that the 4K camera/gimbal kit can be effectively placed on a Phantom 3 Advanced and for the most part perform like a Pro. I can't speak conclusively about the down link bitrate for FPV though. I did change the slider to 8Mbps but it was impossible to discern whether the live feed on my iPad Min 2 benefited from it.

Cool!
me I will change my cam adv for pro only for the live streaming at 10mbps .the 4k dont interest me.
It s nice if you can post a video of your cache video live on youtube at max quality setting, I will can compare with mine.
last question? , is your fan (gimbal fan) run anytime ?
Thanks

Cool!
me I will change my cam adv for pro only for the live streaming at 10mbps .the 4k dont interest me.
It s nice if you can post a video of your cache video live on youtube at max quality setting, I will can compare with mine.
last question? , is your fan (gimbal fan) run anytime ?
Thanks

I'll have a chance this weekend to get some good footage that I can probably post on youtube. As far as the goes, I did notice it start up once I began recording in 4K on the ground. It was off after I had landed and stopped recording so it does appear to start and stop as needed.

I'll have a chance this weekend to get some good footage that I can probably post on youtube. As far as the goes, I did notice it start up once I began recording in 4K on the ground. It was off after I had landed and stopped recording so it does appear to start and stop as needed.
have you notice a better image in streaming live ?
what is the temperatur in huston ?
here 9°C
you can post anything video it just a test ...
I M posting a video on youtube now to show my bad quality streaming.
wait 1 minute...... .. . . .. .

ok my video is online:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
this is exactly what I see on my (Ipad Air)

have you notice how the picture is disgusting when they are movment....:tongueclosed:
I calculate that have only 8 K octets for 1 picture 1200/720pixel

Last edited:
My last test.iphone on us location setting on 10mbp (I sure it do nothing)

How can I do to have OSD on the screeN?

This is a sample found on youtube of cache streaming of phantom 3 pro (avnce on the video cause at beginning the drone is far away and sisgnal bad)

the quality is better mine without a doubt!!

The choppiness is probably because your computer can't keep up with the stream. The files are large so you need a fast processor, a good video card, and lots of memory. A computer from a few years back with integrated graphics & shared video memory is prone to stuttering. This is why I think many users are better suited going with an Advanced or limiting recording to 1080.

The flight data showing is a setting in the Go app. I believe the displayed data for each video is derived from a corresponding SRT file. If you delete the SRT file the captions should go away.
I had to buy a new gamer laptop for the 4K video. Even so, I don't have a 4K display on it, but it's a speed demon and plays the 4K files fine.

it me again.
is it posiible to send me a little sample of your cache video 1 - 10 sec to check the bitrate in .mp4 in virtualDub (info)
thanks
JUST BACK FROM PARIS. EVERYONE IS SHOUTING THERE!!
And the Eiffel tower has been fitted with a spotlight that shines across the whole city. Is that to spot any drones that are out at night?

So here is a little more on the video stream bitrates.
There is a neat little free PC app simply called Bitrate Viewer. If you drag a video file onto its window it does this.
UK P3A .jpg

So that is a typical example of P3A video rate connected to a EU iPad, sending 25 fps at a little over the reported 2kbps.
I thought this video looked fine live on my iPad mini, but with all you guys complaining about P3A video quality my delusions are now shattered.
Here is an excerpt from the video, showing the nasty artifacts that I had not noticed. Grass is always a great teller on bitrate.
Dropbox - P3A cache example.mp4
DOWNLOAD to view the true quality, rather than just playing in the Dropbox viewer.
You might ask why that video is at 10Mbps, but that's because I compiled the clip in Vegas Pro and chose a higher rate to make sure it didn't interfere with the source quality.

Then I swapped for a P3P Camera.
Recording in the home I got the following bitrate when connected to the same EU iPad.
As I noted in another post, the frame rate changes to NTS 30fps and the bitrate increases to 5k.
UK.jpg

Switching iPad location to US (and leaving at Auto bitrate) gives no change:
US.jpg

Selecting Custom and the minimum 4Mbps gives this:
US 4Mbps.jpg

So thats nowhere near 4Mbps. Much worse than P3A.

And finally setting to the Max of 10Mbps:
US 10Mbps.jpg

That is only half of what the slider says. Its just the same as Auto.
And this is with the controller within 1 metre of the static craft, so nothing to do with the distance or transmission quality.
I panned the gimbal wheel up and down during the recording to make sure there was lots of video data to transfer.
And there is some pixelation of the image even at "10Mbps", so it should have been trying its best to maximise the bitrate.

Maybe some P3P owner who is really in the US could recheck this, but is seems the only point in selecting Custom is to wind down the bitrate to increase the transmission range.
And in theory, because is actually drops to a much lower bitrate than P3A, it ought to have a longer transmission range than the P3A. But a rubbish picture.
If I get a chance tomorrow I'll revisit the scene of my Dropbox video and capture the same shots at "4Mbps" and "10Mbps" to finish the story.

Last edited:
And the Eiffel tower has been fitted with a spotlight that shines across the whole city. Is that to spot any drones that are out at night?

There is a neat little free PC app simply called Bitrate Viewer. If you drag a video file onto its window it does this.
View attachment 40613
So that is a typical example of P3A video rate connected to a EU iPad, sending 25 fps at a little over the reported 2kbps.
I thought this video looked fine live on my iPad mini, but with all you guys complaining about P3A video quality my delusions are now shattered.
Here is an excerpt from the video, showing the nasty artifacts that I had not noticed. Grass is always a great teller on bitrate.
DOWNLOAD to view the true quality, rather than just playing in the Dropbox viewer.
You might ask why that video is at 10Mbps, but that's because I compiled the clip in Vegas Pro and chose a higher rate to make sure it didn't interfere with the source quality.

Recording in the home I got the following bitrate when connected to the same EU iPad.
As I noted in another post, the frame rate changes to NTS 30fps and the bitrate increases to 5k.
View attachment 40614

View attachment 40615
View attachment 40616

View attachment 40617
And this is with the controller within 1 metre of the static craft, so nothing to do with the distance or transmission quality.
I panned the gimbal wheel up and down during the recording to make sure there was lots of video data to transfer.
And there is some pixelation of the image even at "10Mbps", so it should have been trying its best to maximise the bitrate.

Maybe some P3P owner who is really in the US could recheck this, but is seems the only point in selecting Custom is to wind down the bitrate to increase the transmission range.
And in theory, because is actually drops to a much lower bitrate than P3A, it ought to have a longer transmission range than the P3A. But a rubbish picture.
If I get a chance tomorrow I'll revisit the scene of my Dropbox video and capture the same shots at "4Mbps" and "10Mbps" to finish the story.

View attachment 40613

View attachment 40614

View attachment 40615
View attachment 40616

View attachment 40617

Good job.
your video on adv is more bad mine !!!
mine is bad compression but no lag:

is it possible to have a sample of video of the P3pro at max quality?

to compar.

of after your data
1 frame phantom 3 adv = 8 Kbytes / 8Koctet
1 frame phantom 3 pro = 19.5 Kbytes/ 19.5 Koctet
hummm c'est bizzard.

thanks

Last edited:
thanks for the programme bitrateViewer ;-)

this is my resultat on Adv:

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 260

View attachment 40613

View attachment 40614

View attachment 40615
View attachment 40616

View attachment 40617

that stange you have 25 fps on adv have you switch on ntsc on adv?
have you update the framwork on pro on your remote controle to?

I sale my adv cam for 250€
I find a pro cam new for 400€
Wait and see.
next step the HDMI module if the quality video is better

Last edited:
I waiting my 4K camera now.
is I have to change farmware on remote controle To?
Sorry I've not been around for a few days.
I will upload a sample of the P3P cache at the marketed 10Mbps when I dig it out.
For the P3P camera upgrade I just downloaded the Pro firmware, put it in the root directory of my microSD card, and powered the Phantom on.
It made the usual random buzzes and flashes during firmware update, and then the controller claimed it had a nice gold P3Pro connected to it instead of a silver P3A.
So no separate firmware update of controller...or batteries.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I finished change my Camera Advanced by A pro one!!!
It's amazing!!
the live video is very better quality !!
my Fan on camera start when the p3 is power on(my fan is the black one).
the bytrate is now 5,5mbps (2,0mbps max for Adv)
I poste compareson now on youtube!!
yes Do it it's easy !
it's Work Thank to the peoples who help me
in particular Andy.

Last edited:
this is P3 advanced max quality in live
and this is the same P3 with my new camera PRO max quality!

Well done Did3d. You really found a Pro camera for 400€? Mine cost more than that in Great British Sterling Pounds. And the fan did3dnt work!
I should cancel the replacement camera if I can get one in Paris for 400€.
Now I wait to see if you can really get a 10Mbs live feed. Mine never goes above 6Mbps however I set the slider.

Andy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.