New P3P firmware help

Reaction score
I just charged the batteries for the first time on a P3P that I got for Christmas of 2015. Do I really need to do all the firmware update stuff before I fly it? Will the new firmware be better or more limiting? What features are improved or worse? I'm not sure of which it has preloaded if any. I'm very new to anything like this. Thanks in advance.

You don't need to update. If you want to update, then follow these instructions. Check out the release notes to see the major changes for each release.

You don't need to update. If you want to update, then follow these instructions. Check out the release notes to see the major changes for each release.

Thank you.
I just got on my bird and found that I have App 2.8.1
Ver 1.3.20+
Rem 1.3.20

I was just concerned of firmware problems for new or older versions. I didn't see on my controls for any follow me, point of interest, or any other autonomous flights.
Is this something offered in newer firmware or is it maybe not available for the P3 ?

I didn't see on my controls for any follow me, point of interest, or any other autonomous flights.
Those flight modes were added in firmware version 1.4.

Reactions: DexterDude
I'd recommend that you update to the latest firmware. There have been other improvements added after 1.4 such as changes to the way the batteries work and warnings when they are cold. If you have an issue that firmware corrected DJI may not honor the warranty.

Is anyone having problems getting to the 'camera button' on the DJI Go app? I have an iPad mini that worked perfectly well last summer. At this point, all I can get to 'How to connect" and will not allow me to press the equipment button or give me an option for the camera button to update my RC:
IMG_0060.PNG

According to your screenshot, you're not connected to your phantom. At the top It says "Connect your DJI device".

Also, your post is unrelated to the current topic. Just sayin.....

If you don't update you shouldn't fly it in the cold without first reading up on reprocussion of doing so without update. Flying in cold is fine if you understand what the update attempts to resolve.

According to your screenshot, you're not connected to your phantom. At the top It says "Connect your DJI device".

Also, your post is unrelated to the current topic. Just sayin.....

Thank you for your observation of the pic...(and I'll now remove myself from this thread!)...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl