New Owner

Reaction score
Hello, new owner of a Phantom 2 with the Zenmuse H4-3D Gimbal. This is probably one of those questions that's been asked a thousand times on here so let me make it a thousand and one.

Firmware updates - I read most of the subject posts on here, I've watched 20 or 30 YouTube videos on the procedure but I've never done one yet.

There are some real horror stories out there about bad or failed firmware updates or that the copter never acted the same (in a bad way) since the update.

If the videos are accurate, the procedure seems pretty straight forward and rather easy to do. And looks like you can update the copter, the remote control and the battery all from the same screen and in one fail swoop.

So, here's the question..... are there any secrets/suggestions to doing the updates? You know, those never published but only discovered once the updates are attempted secrets or suggestions.

Hello, new owner of a Phantom 2 with the Zenmuse H4-3D Gimbal. This is probably one of those questions that's been asked a thousand times on here so let me make it a thousand and one.

Firmware updates - I read most of the subject posts on here, I've watched 20 or 30 YouTube videos on the procedure but I've never done one yet.

There are some real horror stories out there about bad or failed firmware updates or that the copter never acted the same (in a bad way) since the update.

If the videos are accurate, the procedure seems pretty straight forward and rather easy to do. And looks like you can update the copter, the remote control and the battery all from the same screen and in one fail swoop.

So, here's the question..... are there any secrets/suggestions to doing the updates? You know, those never published but only discovered once the updates are attempted secrets or suggestions.

Both the controller and the P2 have there own software updates and if there are any upgrades for any of the components they will be listed under the upgrades tab. Upgrading a craft that is flying well is a personal choice and many take the position if it works don't fix it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav