New Owner question about GPS mode and failsafe.

Reaction score
Hi,
I just recently purchased my PV2 and have about 10 flights under my belt. I've noticed how sensitive the GPS receiver is on the PV2 and noticed that depending on where I am, I cannot get the 6-7 GPS sats needed to lock in the "home" location during my pre take-off check. I noticed that once i get in the air about 20-30ft, I will get the 7th GPS satellite ( and many more) and i see the 3 quick green blinks followed by green leds which tells me the GPS signal is good. My questions is.... is this still a good way to get a "home" lock in case fail safe mode is enabled and it needs to come back "home"? Will the PV2 land on the ground at that location or will it hover at the 20-30ft mark since the GPS "home" lock occurred 20-30ft in the air? Thanks,

_Chris

Maverick78 said:
Hi,
I just recently purchased my PV2 and have about 10 flights under my belt. I've noticed how sensitive the GPS receiver is on the PV2 and noticed that depending on where I am, I cannot get the 6-7 GPS sats needed to lock in the "home" location during my pre take-off check. I noticed that once i get in the air about 20-30ft, I will get the 7th GPS satellite ( and many more) and i see the 3 quick green blinks followed by green leds which tells me the GPS signal is good. My questions is.... is this still a good way to get a "home" lock in case fail safe mode is enabled and it needs to come back "home"? Will the PV2 land on the ground at that location or will it hover at the 20-30ft mark since the GPS "home" lock occurred 20-30ft in the air? Thanks,

_Chris

Hey, Chris.
When it locks in like that, it will land on the ground at the locked in location - however I don't like the idea of this.
Next time, try hovering it about 8-10 feet before taking off instead of 20-30!

Maverick78 said:
Hi,

_Chris

The P2V will continue to lose altitude until it gets to the ground. (Or at least until it can't continue to drop)

-slinger

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT