New owner of p2 vision + v3 motors won't run.

Reaction score
Hello, I'm. At the Wirral peninsular in the uk ... cap in hand, hoping for some help.
Just bought the p2 vision v3 and am reluctant to use the p2 assistant to solve the problem because I've seen a checklist that includes removing the camera, which I can't get off.
I didn't get a manual with it either. Battery was DOA .. No lights. Have got my hands on a cheap copy (battery) though, charged up and ready to go.
So can someone guide me to the spinning motors ? (with camera linking up as it does now). Thanks !

Both sticks full down and towards center of controller should start motors.

Unless...(off-top-of-head & speculation):
1- Some 'cheapo' batteries may not allow flight.
2- In other cases you may need to upgrade firmware.
3- May need to do controller calibration.

Thanks for the reply by the way.
Any idea if it's safe to leave the camera on while using the assistant ? Cheers Rob

Sticks down to the centre gives 3 red flashes.

Well you have the manual now but to continue my speculation...

Poor/no contact between battery and quad at the data pins,
or battery not compatible due to mfg. or f/w version.

Thanks for the link Mark. That was where I spent a few hours yesterday. My internet is slow and it takes ages opening the pages, any idea what 3 reds after the crossed sticks means ...anyone ...

Thanks for the comments everyone.
I would very much like to explore all other avenues to the buying of another battery. Can anyone comment on whether it’s safe to use the assistant without disconnecting the camera ?
And what does 3 red flashes mean at startup ? Thanks

I don't have a P2V3 but don't recall ever hearing you need to remove the camera.

Assuming YOU have never flown this quad before...

Before spending more $ & time... you should do an IMU and controller calibration.

Update all f/w in quad and battery.

Go outside and perform compass compensation.

Retry starting.

If there are any other issues it should be reported thru assistant(s).

Thanks No17RW
That’s the most comprehensive plan so far .. I’ll give it a go .. I should add it has mud where it shouldn’t, most likely a crash occurred,
Many thanks

Thanks No17RW
That’s the most comprehensive plan so far .. I’ll give it a go .. I should add it has mud where it shouldn’t, most likely a crash occurred,
Many thanks

Remember there's only so much I can do from a keyboard and user observations & descriptions.

In these situations I encourage folks to try all the free things before investing more $ in an unknown situation. (i.e. Good Money chasing Bad).

Good Luck!

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

Hopefully they have gotten you sorted.

Welcome to the forum and sorry just saw this .
You don't take the camera off to go into the assistant .
I would start a thread here Phantom 2 Vision Help and say just how your trying to start it up and whats it doing . I have one but have not flew it in so long because of the black screen issue .
Good luck .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl