New Mini 3 pro user, first flight - 2 newbie mistakes questions

• Thread starter Deleted member 128440
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 128440

Hi there!
I'm new to the drone world. It's been a dream since 2019 and finally I have a new drone.
Here's the thing -
I forgot to take the foam off the gimbal before turning on the mini 3 pro, it was standing for about 50 sec and then I took off. All in all it was 2:26 minutes in the air, landed straight away. Everything seems fine and working but I'm still worried.

Second thing is it was between 28-33 degrees Celsius, was it too hot to fly?

Thank you in advance.

Reactions: GFields
Hi there!
I'm new to the drone world. It's been a dream since 2019 and finally I have a new drone.
Here's the thing -
I forgot to take the foam off the gimbal before turning on the mini 3 pro, it was standing for about 50 sec and then I took off. All in all it was 2:26 minutes in the air, landed straight away. Everything seems fine and working but I'm still worried.

Second thing is it was between 28-33 degrees Celsius, was it too hot to fly?

Thank you in advance.
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum! You/re not the first :) you should be fine

Welcome to the forum. It was two months before I found the last piece of packing on my first drone (peel off cover for the underneath sensors). Temperature should not be an issue when flying other than the effect of the less dense air. I would not let it sit on asphalt at those temps. Finally, there is a forum for mavics... looks like you found the Phantom one first. Again WELCOME!!

Welcome to the forum. It was two months before I found the last piece of packing on my first drone (peel off cover for the underneath sensors). Temperature should not be an issue when flying other than the effect of the less dense air. I would not let it sit on asphalt at those temps. Finally, there is a forum for mavics... looks like you found the Phantom one first. Again WELCOME!!
Thank you for the reply. Sorry :) I had no idea, I just saw general discussion so I thought it was for everyone :)

Reactions: Capt KO
You'll enjoy MavicPilots.com it's a lot more exciting than us old @PhantomPilots. Stop back by if you film something awesome. Have fun.
Blocking the camera from moving during warm up can mess it up in flight, horizon etc. Happens often on grass or stones without a launchpad. If it moves correctly now, you should be fine. We humans tend to learn the hard way.

You'll enjoy MavicPilots.com it's a lot more exciting than us old @PhantomPilots. Stop back by if you film something awesome. Have fun.
Blocking the camera from moving during warm up can mess it up in flight, horizon etc. Happens often on grass or stones without a launchpad. If it moves correctly now, you should be fine. We humans tend to learn the hard way.
Yup, already joined the Mavic group.
Thank you, and will do!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic