Reaction score
Hello all, new member here studying for my part 107 and feeling excited to get started in this industry. I've been reading a lot of great information here and want to say thank you to all of the folks willing to give their time and experience.

So, I saw this today and wondered what this community can learn from it:

I realize it will definitely push buttons, but I also think we should be aware of what some (I assume a hobbyist) are doing with their drones. Personally I feel this kind of activity is not only illegal but unsafe and irresponsible. I would not be surprised if the person at the controls goes to jail. Railroads are protected by federal laws that carry huge fines and jail time in some cases.

On the other hand, in a controlled environment, with the proper authorization I would say this kind of flying is probably above par. Not knowing skill levels of the people here, and being a novice myself, this is just an observation.

I'm interested to see what people can see in this that I may be missing. Thank you for your time.

Welcome to the forum John! Don't be afraid to ask questions, we are here to help!

I have watched that video not quite a week back and I personally think he should get a fine for flying like that near a train! Some people just don't seem to have any common since! Its one thing to fly over it at a somewhat high altitude but this guy, well, that's a different story.

Reactions: Johnc769

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94