New Low Noise Propellers for Phantom 4

The quote below is from DJI's description of the noise generated by the P4 Pro V2.

"New aerodynamic 9455S propellers and new FOC ESC drivers offer improved noise control and sinusoidal current for increased stability."

So, based on this, I think the low noise props were really designed to be matched with a V2 in order to take full advantage of their 'low-noise' feature due to its updated ESC's. I did have an opportunity to observe one in action, and it was not only quieter, but the tone was also lower and less annoying*.

Having said that, I did put a set on my P4 original, and they are just a bit quieter. Some complain of less stability while using the low-noise props on anything but a V2, but that has not been my experience.

* Of course, by 'annoying', I mean to others. I love the sound..:p...
P3 onwards use sinusoidal drive and FOC (field orientation control). This is not DJI engineering brilliance, they have simply dragged some marketing buzzwords from the Texas Instruments spec sheets (the ESC SOC's employed are well known). It is no surprise the low noise props perform better on the V2- optimised drive parameters with lower KV motors is the reason. Not FOC magic.

Reactions: Brockrock
So the curve on the end of the low noise v2 props act just like the winglet on newer jet aircraft. For aircraft , the winglet helps stop the turbelance at the end of the wingtip and results in approx 10% greater lift. The same is true for the v2. Quieter is not only more effective at lifting but less turbelance at the wingtip. Should have been done along time ago.

Reactions: DroneB

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20