New litchi update

I can't find relative to ground on the litchi app (Android) anyone can let me know where to find it I would really appreciate it [emoji6]

Neon Euc

Wow 4 updates in litchi within 15 days
They must be working really hard at litchi to give us top notch software
But I'm a bit worried that some kind of bug may sneak in just updated but haven't tried it yet so if somebody will let us know what's the new update is like
I don't want to be that guinea pig[emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I can't find relative to ground on the litchi app (Android) anyone can let me know where to find it I would really appreciate it
As in my prior post, select all points in a waypoint mission (touch the wrench symbol, then 'batch edit', then 'select all') and then select 'Relative to Ground' for altitude and apply to all points. This must be done in the app as the batch edit function is not available in the mission hub.

As in my prior post, select all points in a waypoint mission (touch the wrench symbol, then 'batch edit', then 'select all') and then select 'Relative to Ground' for altitude and apply to all points. This must be done in the app as the batch edit function is not available in the mission hub.
Good stuff mate. Really appreciate that

Neon Euc

1486248777360.png

Nope... I'm thick... I can't find the relative to ground from here [emoji55] where is it lol

Neon Euc

This is nice try but kind of useless. Only way to utilize relative to the ground is by batch editing all waypoints in existing mission. And if you do that new altitudes will all be the same relative to the ground, so any altitude changes will be discarded. They should put "Altitudes relative to the ground" as an option in Mission settings.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using PhantomPilots mobile app

This is nice try but kind of useless. Only way to utilize relative to the ground is by batch editing all waypoints in existing mission. And if you do that new altitudes will all be the same relative to the ground, so any altitude changes will be discarded. They should put "Altitudes relative to the ground" as an option in Mission settings.

Just to clarify what you've said. So all WP would be set to, for example, to 50 agl referred to the ground under the WP regardless of what the altitude had been set to when building the mission? Any idea how litchi picks the AGL value?

Just to clarify what you've said. So all WP would be set to, for example, to 50 agl referred to the ground under the WP regardless of what the altitude had been set to when building the mission? Any idea how litchi picks the AGL value?
The reference AGL value is the first waypoint. And the feature is far from useless as you can now plot out the mission and set relative altitude based on terrain automatically ( and then make any individual waypoint adjustments if necessary. This saves a lot of time vs. doing it manually as in the past. It is true that if you use the 'relative to ground' feature on an existing mission it will discard any prior altitude settings, but that's life in the big city I guess. I do agree that an 'Altitudes relative to the ground' global mission setting would be a good idea though.

Reactions: tevek
The reference AGL value is the first waypoint. And the feature is far from useless as you can now plot out the mission and set relative altitude based on terrain automatically ( and then make any individual waypoint adjustments if necessary. This saves a lot of time vs. doing it manually as in the past. It is true that if you use the 'relative to ground' feature on an existing mission it will discard any prior altitude settings, but that's life in the big city I guess. I do agree that an 'Altitudes relative to the ground' global mission setting would be a good idea though.
OK, useless is bit too harsh. But with current logic it is still faster to plot a mission in hub since AGL is there as an info for some time now.

OK, useless is bit too harsh. But with current logic it is still faster to plot a mission in hub since AGL is there as an info for some time now.
I can't agree with that at all. In hub the info is there but you must manually make the adjustment for each waypoint, which can get old fast. With the new feature altitude adjustment is done automatically for the entire mission with one click.

Ok, that can work for me. Setting the first WP and then being able to have all subsequent WPs set to the same height AGL at the WP would be a big help in maintaining scale in a video, for example. Got to look into updating.

I can't agree with that at all. In hub the info is there but you must manually make the adjustment for each waypoint, which can get old fast. With the new feature altitude adjustment is done automatically for the entire mission with one click.
Problem is that those are not adjustments. Can you describe how would you make new mission utilizing AGL feature?

Can you describe how would you make new mission utilizing AGL feature?
I would plot the mission out as usual, then use the new feature to set all waypoint altitudes to reference ground level, and... done. If I needed any manual adjustments such as to account for man-made structures or tall trees or such I would then add them as necessary (since that information is not in the terrain database and thus can never be made automatically no matter how the feature is implemented.) With the hub method I would have to observe the altitude difference when creating each waypoint and make a manual correction for every one individually (hoping that I don't make any arithmetic errors.) Clearly the first method is easier since you only have to adjust some (or quite possibly none) waypoints, vs. every single one.

I agree that a global setting would be beneficial but regardless anything is easier than trying to set altitude changes manually in hub.

It's still over my head on this. I thought if I set relative to ground at 0 then it will automatically work out the ground level for me. So far it's giving me odd numbers like -34 even on an uphill road.

So I set the relative to ground at 30 then added the waypoints. Then it was more relestic.

So to me I can't see a point of having it as I manually have to change it anyway. Obviously I'm missing something for now but I will keep doing the old fashion way of doing a mission at 90 metres and then check the video and judge if I can bring it down another few metres or so

Neon Euc

I thought AGL

Hang on. Isn't the AGL reference at takeoff point and not first waypoint?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT