New Litchi Pano Mode Drifts with P3A

Reaction score
Posting my experience with the updated Litchi Panorama mode that includes being able to take pictures 30 degrees above the horizon and uses HDR+.

Ever since the Litchi app updated this feature, my P3A drifts once the mission starts. At times and depending on the wind, I have seen drift up to 90ft. Far too much for a successful pano.

Litchi included in the General Aircraft Settings a switch to revert back to the legacy pano mode, which continues to work for me, but of course I cant take advantage of HDR+ and some of the other features they added.

I have all the latest firmware, and have reported this to the Litchi Dev's. They said if it doesn't work, just use legacy .. sorry. So I didn't know if it was a bug in the software, or my drone itself.

Has anyone else experienced this with the P3A using Litchi?

Thanks for any feedback from others.

Chuck

I have a P3P with everything up-to-date. Yep - I used the new Pano settings on the updated Litchi app for the first time yesterday and had the same problem with drifting and about the same amount as you - 30 m. Previously I had had no problems with drifting and used to take 3 rows of 8, +2 photos straight down and got good results stitching with PTgui. Yesterday I started the first row at +30 degrees and took 5 rows of 8, + 2 straight down. I never use the 2 straight down when stitching.

I had a couple of places in the stitched pano where I had multiple images appearing, probably due to the drifting, but it was easy enough to remedy. With so many pics available I just removed a couple from the pano overlay to fix it. I'll be playing with the settings a bit more soon but it's quite cold for flying here at the moment.

Reactions: Omokjoe
Thanks for your reply and info. Its good to know that it isn't just my drone, and hopefully Litchi will work to fixing it for our models. Having the HDR+, and 30 degree up options are great.

I am sure it has something to do with how the Pano Mission goes into JOYSTICK mode now.

@Litchi, if you read these forums, please look into this further. You answered my support emails with a response that it was probably just my drone, and to use the legacy option. It apparently affects others too.

Reactions: Steve7777
For your info chazman, I had another play with Litchi today and took another pano, having toggled the 'use legacy settings', as you suggested, and used 40+2 photos (and I used the 2 straight down as well) and then stitched it with PTgui. In flight during today's pano, my P3P was rock solid on point and didn't drift at all.The pano turned out perfectly.

So that's 2 of us so far with a noticed problem in pano after the last update not using legacy, maybe others will experiment and report in here? Notwithstanding, I very much doubt if Litchi (like dji) do read nor reply here 'officially', so it's probably better to raise the matter direct (as you have already done) or on some sort of dedicated forum such as here: Litchi - Community - Google+ ....although it only has c. 800 members and you still don't know if Litchi read there or not... :(

I'm certainly only too willing to repeat what I have experienced with drifting in the new pano, but that said, I'm also equally happy enough using the old legacy settings with the new parameters which are now available... I don't really need HDR+ and it works for me....

Who knows? Maybe Litchi will fix it soonish - but 'secretly'.... sometimes companies prefer to do it that way..... ;)

Last edited:
Good to know we are on the same page. I took the latest firmware update that just came out last week, and re-tested. Same exact drift. So to this point, I am blaming the use of JOYSTICK flight mode in the new Pano Mission mode on Litchi.

If anyone else is experiencing this, please email Litchi directly at: [email protected]

Maybe a few more voices will get it fixed

Hey, what does legacy pano mode mean? and what can it do if enabled?
'Legacy' in this context simply means 'the old way' and it's more a case of reverting to Legacy mode and thus turning off the new Litchi method for taking panos.

The primary reason for doing this is that I and at least one other user have found that our drones were drifting to an unacceptable degree when taking a pano.

'Legacy' in this context simply means 'the old way' and it's more a case of reverting to Legacy mode and thus turning off the new Litchi method for taking panos.

The primary reason for doing this is that I and at least one other user have found that our drones were drifting to an unacceptable degree when taking a pano.
What will it do if Legacy Mode enabled?

What will it do if Legacy Mode enabled?
In legacy mode Litchi will not use the new method of taking pano shots contained in the Litchi update (which seems to cause excessive drifting).

All the newer selectable criteria in the user interface remain (selectable width, number of downward shots(nadir), angle of first row of shots etc, etc) and can be used, but the HDR+ option (which gives better picture quality) isn't available.

It's not so much what Litchi will do in legacy mode, more a case of what it won't do. Using legacy mode certainly stops the drone drifting to an unacceptable degree anyway.

Reactions: Omokjoe
Cannot tilt the lens above the horizon in legacy mode

Reactions: Peio64270

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.