Litchi Pano DRIFT PROBLEMS

Reaction score
So I have done some research on this, and as far as I can tell, there is a big issue with Litchi when you use Pano mode, it drops the drone out of GPS mode and into 'Joystick' which causes it to drift off, sometimes quite far. Does anyone have any solutions for this issue at this point? I've done a few panos which I had to cancel mid-shoot due to the drone heading straight into a tree, and a few that haven't worked perfectly (see below).

As far as I can tell, too, 'Joystick' mode essentially means 'drift' mode, as any inputs I give on the right stick do nothing... I wouldnt even mind if i had to make microadjustments myself while it takes all the shots, but it just seems wierd that Pano mode has to switch out of GPS... Figured I'd ask here first before emailing Litchi.

Attachments

• IMG_0130[1925].jpg
    IMG_0130[1925].jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 349
So I have done some research on this, and as far as I can tell, there is a big issue with Litchi when you use Pano mode, it drops the drone out of GPS mode and into 'Joystick' which causes it to drift off, sometimes quite far.
Have you taken a look at the flight data to verify this fact? Never used "Pano" personally, but the log files will tell you if that statement is true or not.

Well, the next time i get up to do a Pano, I'll maybe take a screen video of it, but yah thats what happens on the screen. As soon as you hit 'START' it goes into 'JOYSTICK', and says so on the Litchi app. From that point, it tends to drift a little or a lot, depending on the wind.

As soon as you hit 'START' it goes into 'JOYSTICK', and says so on the Litchi app. From that point, it tends to drift a little or a lot, depending on the wind.
This sounds like it may being going in to ATTI for some reason. That does not make sense for Pano's. As I said, take a look at the flight log from that flight and verify that before you contact Litchi. Their response time is pretty good but I would make sure that is the case first before you do so. Upload the log from the flight to the link below and take a look for yourself. If you have not looked at this data before, post a link back here to the uploaded data file and others can tell you. Follow the instructions in the link:

DJI Flight Log Viewer

Renewing this older thread as I haven't done panos with Litchi for a while... I did a few today though...

For whatever reason, the OP didn't come back again about this - but I'm able to confirm that the problem is just as stated, ie: the flight log shows that the flight mode goes into "joystick' when the pano is started (see attached screen grab). There is also, as the OP stated, a noticeable amount of drifting as the pano shots are being taken. This caused matching problems for me today when stitching with PTGui.

As in the previous thread here, New Litchi Pano Mode Drifts with P3A the solution is to enable legacy mode. I believe that Litchi fixed this problem at one time, a year or more ago, but it now seems to be back.

I am using the latest version of Litchi for Android, (v.4.8.0g) and I also noticed what I believe is a new problem. The Litchi pano interface has been changed slightly over various versions and one setup option, instead of being called something like 'Enable +30 degrees/Top Row Angle +XX degrees' or similar, is now called 'height' and shows an adjustable setting of up to 120 degrees (ie: horizontal+30).

With legacy mode enabled, on pressing 'start', you get the (usual) message warning you that legacy mode does not allow shooting 30 degrees above horizontal. In the past Litchi just used to ignore the +30 setting in the UI and carry on. However, if your 'height' (as it is now called) in the settings is anything above 90 degrees, then on pressing 'start' the app fails to fully upload the mission so, of course, the pano can't be started. I tried several times and uploading the mission stopped at 91% and there was a warning about an invalid parameter.

The solution (obviously) is to make sure that your 'height' in the pano UI is set at 90 degrees or below and then the pano mission uploads and runs OK. I replicated this error twice and changing the UI setting to 90 degrees or below definitely solves the failure to upload pano/mission.

Sorry this is a bit lengthy - but hope it helps someone.
130818.jpg

Reactions: Disher
Hello and welcome!

I'm glad it helped you out.

That's why I think it's it so important to report back to the forum if you eventually solve some sort of problem that you have been experiencing. You never know who may find it useful in the future.

Many here do report back in but, sadly, many also don't...

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel