New issues

Reaction score
I love my phantom four pro plus but seems like every time I go out to fly I have a brand-new issue my newest issue is in the SD card.. I constantly get an error that says a slow SD card and it will not record for more than 10 or 15 seconds without automatically shutting off never had this problem before and both SD cards are or where empty of any data when I started... some days are great trouble free flights and some days are plagued with headaches....

It's all part of the fun of any kind of model engineering. If everything worked perfectly we would have no opportunity to learn.
Try cleaning the contacts on your SD card wit alcohol, (NOT the drinking type) use IPA or medical grade. also try putting plenty of alcohol on the SD card and inserting it and removing is several times, this may clean the internal contacts of the camera. don't worry it will dry within seconds and will cause no further damage. it's worth try before buying another SD card.

Haha yeah true story it's definitely a learning experience every time I take it up.. thanks for your help and pep talk I really do appreciate it!!!

One more STUPID question.... why two cards? The bird and controller.... and the controller has storage that says is empty but after only a few flights the card on the bird is full already and I have two download and erase the card to start over... being out and about without a computer to save and clear the card I'd problematic and kills the reason for flying... no video... sorry some what of a rookie but videoing is why I got it but has been the biggest issue to solve... thanks in advance

One more STUPID question.... why two cards? The bird and controller.... and the controller has storage that says is empty but after only a few flights the card on the bird is full already and I have two download and erase the card to start over... being out and about without a computer to save and clear the card I'd problematic and kills the reason for flying... no video... sorry some what of a rookie but videoing is why I got it but has been the biggest issue to solve... thanks in advance
You may want to have several SD cards on hand.

Geo

I'm not sure what size card is in the Phantom 4 pro but if it is only 16 gig, and your filming in 4k, it feels up very quickly.

I film at 3840x2160 (30fps), and 10 minutes of video takes up roughly 4.5gigs.

I'd suggest getting one (or more) of these:
SanDisk Extreme Memory Card

Man how the prices of these have dropped..:astonished:

Reactions: RémyHeli
Mine are 32 and feels up quick I used Sony card I had for another reason and the phantom wanted nothing to do with it it would not work at all so ill grab a couple more of the ones you suggested and just switch out.... being new I just thought I would have more video time on a 32gig card but apparently not... thanks for your input and especially the link seems like for some reason these birds are very touchy about which cards you put in them... thanks again

Good to know thank you so much I'm going on a scenic hike today up in the mountains and I'm going to backpack the drone in I definitely want to make sure I have enough recording time thanks for all your help

The max size memory card for the P4P is actually 128 GB. I probably wouldn't recommend getting a card of that capacity, though, unless it's required for your workflow. Consider purchasing several smaller capacity cards and swap them out frequently. If you have 128 GB in your bird, you may be tempted to utilize that space and transfer media off to your computer or SAN less frequently, increasing the chance that you will eventually lose some irreplaceable videos or pics if you have a drone malfunction or pilot error that results in the loss of the drone. It is replaceable. The potentially priceless data on the card is not.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovesparesdirectuk