New Guy

Reaction score
My name is Larry and I live in San Diego. I have really wanted to get a drone for sometime now but didnt want to spend a ton while I was learning how to operate it. With that being said I dont actually own a drone yet. I am trying to read and learn as much as possible before I actually purchase one. Because I am working on a limited budget I have been looking at used drones and I have seen several models of Phantoms for sale.

What I am really trying to figure out is what model would be best for a beginner?

If I am going to purchase a used drone what are the things that I should be looking out for?

Thanks

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum Larry .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Find a Phantom 2 Vision Plus on Ebay. That is how I started in UK. Great for a learner. Comes with a 1080 HD camera !!
I got one on Ebay for £300. That had case, plus four battery's with it. That is about 370$.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

What I am really trying to figure out is what model would be best for a beginner?
Any of the P3 or P4 models would be a good choice for a beginner. Flight-wise, all of the Phantoms feel pretty similar when flying. It would be better to make your decision based on your budget and the features you need.

If I am going to purchase a used drone what are the things that I should be looking out for?
DJI sells reburbished Phantoms. You can get a refurbished P3S for $359. By buying through DJI, you'll get an aircraft that has been tested and it'll be covered by DJI's warranty. See more details about their refurbished Phantoms here.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT