New guy with drone.

Reaction score
image.jpeg
Ive waited 2 years to buy a phantom3 standard and am impressed. The quality of the camera, gimbal, and drone reminds me of an apple product--it just works. Over 20 hours stick time and not a glitch. I live near Lake Tahoe so have unlimited subject matter. The camera is my focus while the drone is "just" a vehicle for it--that is my approach. I am surprised at the images--much better than expected though there is significant fall-off left upper margin. There are compact cameras that cost the same as this entire flying platform with camera so am not disappointed. I do composite panoramas which alleviate the fall-off problem and results in high definition image files--like 25 mb. No crashes and still on first set of rotors. I fly full tilt right down on the deck so no crashes is testament to a totally reliable machine with no ugly surprises. I've flown in 30 mph sustained wind, sharp images while flying upwind. The fact that it makes headway in a wind storm amazes me, to make sharp photos flying against the wind amazes me even more.
Nice to meet y'all. A phantom 4 is in my near future so will have questions.

Welcome Dan! I can see me in one of those boats, heading out for some fishin'!

Nice shot!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj