New guy here - Long range extender system question

Hi Volitant Soul - is your main aim in buying the P3 mainly for distance/ drone flying etc or Photo/video? or both?

I would opt for the P3 Advanced as 4k video is difficult to work with if your PC/ laptop aren't specced up to the max, also you will be able to get an extra battery for the price of the pro.
2.7k on the advanced would be well enough.
Good luck in whatever you choose to buy.
I record everything in 4k. even though my computer won't handle it. You can get a 4K smart TV pretty cheaply now. I copy all my videos on a hard drive then hook it to the TV so you can watch then in 4K. If you down load to youtube in 4k then you can pick your resolution on the computer or go to youtube on the tv and watch them at 4k.
Taken with Phantom 3 #1

I needed a little more practice with the camera and flying.

I record everything in 4k. even though my computer won't handle it. You can get a 4K smart TV pretty cheaply now. I copy all my videos on a hard drive then hook it to the TV so you can watch then in 4K. If you down load to youtube in 4k then you can pick your resolution on the computer or go to youtube on the tv and watch them at 4k.
Taken with Phantom 3 #1

I needed a little more practice with the camera and flying.
That looks very familiar. If you can get permission Woodford Reserve or Jim Beam would make great video.

Hey guys,

I just joined the community today to get some answers before I purchase my P3P from Drone World. I'm looking to purchase a Kit called the Executive Kit. Which includes bunch of stuff I would need fly on the go.The item that intrigues me the most is the Long Range System that claims to extend the range to 4 - 5 miles(6.43km - 8.04km). My question is would it be possible to fly out 5 miles and come back to home with enough mAh left in the battery? Based on my thinking that would be a total of 10 miles and I don't think the 4480mAh capacity will allow that long of a flight. I don't ever plan on flying that far out the reason, but I'm thinking the long range system will allow me to have a good video link and better signal strength between the RC and the P3P. I can save a good chunk of cash by purchasing a kit without the LRS and make my own extender like the one I've seen on youtube. What are your thoughts? I am open to all opinion and I will soak everything up like a sponge. This forum is my teacher and I am the student.
You are only allowed to fly with the drone in sight....

Hey guys,

I just joined the community today to get some answers before I purchase my P3P from Drone World. I'm looking to purchase a Kit called the Executive Kit. Which includes bunch of stuff I would need fly on the go.The item that intrigues me the most is the Long Range System that claims to extend the range to 4 - 5 miles(6.43km - 8.04km). My question is would it be possible to fly out 5 miles and come back to home with enough mAh left in the battery? Based on my thinking that would be a total of 10 miles and I don't think the 4480mAh capacity will allow that long of a flight. I don't ever plan on flying that far out the reason, but I'm thinking the long range system will allow me to have a good video link and better signal strength between the RC and the P3P. I can save a good chunk of cash by purchasing a kit without the LRS and make my own extender like the one I've seen on youtube. What are your thoughts? I am open to all opinion and I will soak everything up like a sponge. This forum is my teacher and I am the student.

The best thing you should do first is to learn how to fly the Phantom, regardless of model. The more you fly, the more you are able to understand how everything works. The last thing you should be considering is range or long distance. You will find early on that anything that comes between you and the Phantom will cause weak signal response on your screen and can possibly trigger the auto return to home function. Long distance flights are for wide open spaces, over great expanses of water and such, not in forests or mountains unless your flying above the mountains. You have to learn to keep the Phantom in Line of Sight at all times, which is the safest way to fly the Phantom and keep control of it.

Thanks for sharing the nice videos and giving your opinions on flying long range etc. I will without a doubt crawl before I walk and run. I like to get to know all my gadgets with time and proper care. And I will treat the P3P the same way. Even with all the technological advancements I don't trust it enough to think it doesn't need a human operator to take over controls when things don't go as planned. I will rarely get a chance to fly far out without being on vacation in a remote location. My current goal is to get familiar with the p3p by flying it around in a field in close proximity to me so I get comfortable with it and then I will venture out further little by little.

Thanks for sharing the nice videos and giving your opinions on flying long range etc. I will without a doubt crawl before I walk and run. I like to get to know all my gadgets with time and proper care. And I will treat the P3P the same way. Even with all the technological advancements I don't trust it enough to think it doesn't need a human operator to take over controls when things don't go as planned. I will rarely get a chance to fly far out without being on vacation in a remote location. My current goal is to get familiar with the p3p by flying it around in a field in close proximity to me so I get comfortable with it and then I will venture out further little by little.
Good plan. Once you get comfortable with the craft, maybe after 50 flights, the first range extender should try is a 3D printed windsurfer, about $25 for the split two piece model. That version stores easily in a backpack (which you'll want to buy), and it will extend you past two miles. The wind surfer won't void your warranty because there are no modifications required on the controller. You may also be happy with a 2+mile range because of battery limitations. But after the warranty expires, if you want more than two miles after using Windsurfer, I'd recommend DBMod because of the ergonomics of the antenna, it's easy to remove and is flat to store easier in your case. The Think Tank backpack is highly configurable, allowing the DBMod antenna to fit, while being acceptable as a carry on when boarding a plane for vacation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik