New from Ohio

Reaction score
Hello All, Another greenhorn here. The last thing I put in the air was a control line plane back in the 70's. Things have changed a bit since... Anyways I find this forum a wealth of advice and felt I should become a part of it. Being older and quite computer illiterate (what's copy and paste), I'm finding much of the tech involved with the drones a bit bewildering. Articles mentioned a steep learning curve... I try to answer my own questions but I'm often stumped. Spent 10 hours scratching my head about firmware updates and finally said the hell with it. I DID manage to load the DJI app and fly my P3P out to 2500 ft. YAY! where I hit a limit and got some really nice video. I have to say, these drones are one of the greatest things to ever come of the tech industry.
I bought a new P3P mainly in the hopes of having less bugs than the bright n shiny newer P4's. Hope it wasn't a mistake...lol.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual
wreath_sm.png

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Spent 10 hours scratching my head about firmware updates and finally said the hell with it.
If you need help, I have detailed Phantom 3 firmware installation instructions here.

Thanks guys. It's just something about older guys that never got too deep into computers. Oh yeah, and the 1200 bucks I threw at the P3P. Makes me a little squeamish to start messing with it's brain. That, and I've read countless threads about DJI's notoriously bad support....
It seems to fly really well as it is. Except the 2 times I put it in the bushes and rang it's chimes. It doesn't seem to care for that.

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Welcome aboard... The DJI Phantoms are really great ways to learn multi-rotor piloting ... :)

There's an awful lot to learn, so go at your own pace, learn what flight modes you can fall back on when necessary, pay close attention to what GPS does for you and last but not least get familiar with the ins and outs of your flight batteries. They can become BIG expenses if you don't treat them well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31